Auckland bikers - ride for Christchurch

marymc, Feb 24, 7:59pm
You will have to register with the site first if you're not already a member, then register for the ride.

Christchurch Quake Appeal Ride

Event location
Auckland - Franklin

Christchurch Quake Appeal Ride

DATE: Saturday March 19th.
LEAVE TIME: 10:30am from Dairy Flat BP on the Northern Motorway.
ARRIVAL TIME: 11:30 am at the Muddy Waters Tavern in Mercer
DONATION: $10 per Bike

With tributes and support coming in from around the world, now is the time to show how much we care about our own. There are thousands of Kiwis in Christchurch that need assistance now more than ever. A cash donation from bikers in the North Island will indeed help some of those who are going through desperate times.
All we are asking for is a $10 donation from each Bike.
The Appeal funds collected will be forwarded to the Salvation Army Earthquake appeal.

We urge bikers from the Waikato/BOP/ King Country and everywhere in between to get in a show your support and generosity for those devastated by the Christchurch Earthquake.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/calendar.php!do=getinfo&e=2759&day=2011-3-19&c=all

marymc, Feb 24, 8:00pm

marymc, Feb 24, 10:01pm
bumping up - I'm sure some of you would like to go on this ride!

robertsons-nes, Feb 25, 4:45am
you think its only going to take a hour thats quite a ride and then theres the toy run also this weekend is nt there

marymc, Feb 25, 5:37am
biker, yeah, I think straight down highway 1!
Don't really mind - gets me out of the house, get to meet new people and give a little to the Christchurch appeal :)

marymc, Feb 25, 5:39am
robertsons - took us an hour from the city to Hampton Downs a few weeks ago, so should be about right.

unknowndisorder, May 26, 12:12am
It'll be a boring ride, but that's not what it's about.
We can all donate anyway, but it's (to me) about showing our support.
Wellington has a ride on the same day as well, so I hope we get fantastic numbers and a great $ result for those suffering.