R.I.P. LS Monaro.Rena going down

Page 1 / 2
bigjerry, Jan 9, 10:25pm
Well thats that then. One day a diver will find an LS Monaro with an octopus living in it.

johnf_456, Jan 9, 10:31pm

kazbanz, Jan 9, 10:42pm
don't give up hope--theres still containers on the bow end

richard198, Jan 10, 12:00am
Do they really know their stuff!

"Under New Zealand law, you can't leave wrecks on the seabed," Saunders said.
Yet there are plenty of untouched wrecks around NZ.

"It is really only a matter of time before the bow section breaks up, with its internals now exposed to the open sea," Smith said.

The bow of the ship remained on the reef, Yeo said.
"It's not going anywhere."

welshdude, Jan 10, 1:12am
Do we know that the car hasn't been recovered yet!

jkm, Jan 10, 2:22am
LOL. got a mental picture of a smiley octupus in a purple manaro with 2 arms out the drivers window! Thanks for the laugh.

bigjerry, Jan 10, 4:37am
There was a dude on here who reckons he would have seen it come through the system if it did.

bigjerry, Jan 10, 4:38am
true. shades on, stereo pumping.

marmatt, Jan 10, 4:49am
it will take a while to rust outits when it get back to the open air it will go fast

richynuts, Jan 10, 5:07am
Guess losing another one will make all the other Monaro's go up in value!

elect70, Jan 11, 2:52am
Probably stay there, unless the wreck isin a shipping lane . They cut up the Wahinenothing left .

bellky, Jan 11, 2:54am
i think i heard on the news last night that they gonna clean up everything

zak1998, Jan 11, 3:01am
Bogan Octopus

franc123, Jan 11, 5:44am
Shipping lane!I don't think you could call Astrolabe a shipping lane, thats how they got in the crap in the first place lol.In fact it might be a good idea to leave the bow where it is and put a lighthouse on it.

fordcrzy, Jan 11, 7:33am
They usually stack the light containers on top and a monaro is light compared to most cargo. I'd be surprised if it was below deck

trogedon, Jan 11, 7:57pm
What about the Muzzy!

bigjerry, Jan 11, 10:17pm
who cares haha. No but actually I have a feeling the so called mustang was reported incorrectly. I seem to recall a news item that quickly mentioned a mustang when the half wit reporter meant a Monaro.could be wrong though.

racetoy, Jan 11, 10:55pm
maybe they should rename it .the MONAROLABE REEF .

steve312, Jan 11, 11:08pm
Just another boat anchor.
Probably a good place for Holdens.Wonder if there is any space for a few more alongside that one!

velenski, Jan 11, 11:37pm
another old holden off the road. yay

trogedon, Jan 12, 12:53am
Ah, that may explain it.
Recycle newer Holdens into something useful - but hey, let's keep the classics.

elect70, Jan 12, 3:43am
All depends on destinationregarding loading orderif comming from Aus to NZ should be on deck .

robotix1970, Jan 12, 4:02am
well atleast it's better than being stuck behind a lada niva or was someone ytrying to dump that as well lol

robotix1970, Jan 12, 4:06am
just like the aussie cricket team of 1986 ,then they would have a proper excuse for underarm bowling but then again most of the players would have retired by now (An old aussie joke)

lookoutas, Jan 12, 4:47am
Hey you guys - don't be like them.
I might be blue, but at least I appreciate others idiosyncrasies.