Prepare for court hearing

Page 4 / 4
raymond00001, Nov 15, 7:21am
I do like the line where it says to the effect of "speed enforcment must be done in an overt manner (ie not hidden) and equipoment must not be camouflaged or hidden. the n it has except for when this makes the operation ineffective or unsafe. Talk about doublespeak.

Good luck just remember the doc is a policy one not a law doc, like the road code is an interpretation but is not law although some parts of it might be an accurate interpretation.

mlan24, Nov 16, 1:19am
if the officer used pursit not radar to calculate my speed, what training or rules do they have to follow

mlan24, Nov 16, 4:52am
i will explain it in detail. note "made at time" by officer. offender first seen N on SH1 (sect 21) pursuit at 97 km/h for a distance of 400m between Wellington st o/b and fanshawe st on ramp apex no vehicle overtaken, stopped by p/light on SH1 sect 13 near o/s AHB. code of operations complied with, yes. single vehicle in beam following distance of 40 metres maintained (different lanes)

note: check by radar or laser at ____ km/h is crossed out.

mlan24, Nov 16, 8:46am
http://www.police.govt.nz/new-zealand-police-pursuits-review-july-2010

the policy said it all for me, thank you google!

lordv81, Nov 16, 9:48am
I remember a road works site that I left signs up on saying 30kmh even though I was meant to leave 50km signs up[TMP].Also left more cones out,less than half an hour later young girl and her car left the road hit a pole and went through a fence.Her words to police and other emergencie people were "I came through here yesturday and the road was all good and there were no workers around then" even though there50km signs were out then as well.At least she was luckier than the fatality a few weeks before that incident.Its amazing how mnay people dont read temp road signs.

martinhb, Apr 4, 4:51pm
Did google save you!