Christchurch Holden Kingswood "BIGFOOT"

lara.in.ch-ch, May 22, 5:17am
Hi just wondering if anybody knows of or seen a "BIGFOOT" 4x4 Red Holden Kingswood Station Wagon Overlander that used to be seen around Christchurch years ago. It had all round running Alloy Bullbars and a 350 Chev V8 engine, on huge Tyres. It had "Bigfoot" written on the tail gate. It was seen regulary down at the Waimak river.

bluecambridge, May 22, 7:06am
Yep used to see it quite a bit, no idea where it is now though

ola_bitchola1, May 22, 7:23am
you post this thread every few months and get the same old story's but never let on why your looking for it why why why tell us

berg, May 22, 8:42am
Didn't somebody in Grovetown Blenheim have one! I wonder if that was it

fishdoc, May 22, 8:54am
I agree with Blenheim, I saw that vehicle at a jet sprint about 1990.

40wav, May 22, 9:51am
There's one around Nelson but its faded rusty yellow. That one is a Holden station wagon (dont know what year) on a 4X4 chassis and has a decent sounding V8 in it.

lara.in.ch-ch, May 22, 11:03am
Do you know anything more about it like have contact details of the owners !

lara.in.ch-ch, May 22, 11:04am
How many years ago do you know ! Do you know if its still there !

berg, May 22, 11:02pm
Didn't one of the Yealands boys own it! I know whoever had it also had a rod or two

muzz67, May 23, 1:28am
Cousin has one in Hope (Nelson). HQ perhaps!

lara.in.ch-ch, May 23, 12:39pm
Do you know if they would be interested in selling it ! is it Registered with a WOF and is it a HQ Station Wagon !

lara.in.ch-ch, May 24, 10:27am
Look if you have read the previous posts from the other times thats i've posted this rather than skim reading and taking it the wrong way. You would have your answer. Why im interested in hopefully finding if it hasnt already been stripped or written off. If it bothers you that much go annoy someone elses post ! Or just turn a blind eye to this one. Lets just say i am prepared to offer a reward to anyone that can put me in touch with the current owner if the vehicle is still around.

julian.walls, May 25, 2:37am
Was Overlander Geniune as I lived in CHCH in 1990-1992 and do not remember seeing one!
However there were are number of big foot conversions by home convertors 1/ Honda Civic EB1 Hatch !-and 2/ Triumph 2000/2500 Mk2 conversion

I never seen a geniune Overlander as there were less 100 made world wide!
I think i seen Ford XY Falcon Ute 4x4 1972 that was factory built by Ford Australia in 1972-1973 with XY body (XA was planned but not developed further there may have been 1 was made)

steve312, May 25, 5:28am
Definitely a pale cream or yellow HX or HZ Holden station wagon in Hope, Nelson.Still see it driving around so it must be registered and WOF.Something like that would just be asking to get pulled over if it wasn't legal.Will have a quick look next time I am out that way and see what the address is.Up to you how you track the vehicle down from there.
One of the local car wreckers in Nelson (Superior Spares) had a blue EB1 Civic hatch on a Rangerover chassis a few years ago.Have no idea where it ended up though.A Google search should turn up their number if you are interested in finding out more.

lara.in.ch-ch, May 25, 11:34am
This was definitely a home made conversion. It was massive and we had had a ladder to get up and in to it when i rode in it. Didnt need a ladder but it definitely made life alot easier.

lara.in.ch-ch, May 25, 11:37am
Cheers Steve if you didnt mind sharing the address or passing on the owners contact details it would be greatly appriecated.

unclejake, May 25, 11:41am
What an astounding response from someone seeking fresh help from fresh people

If I see the red one I will be certain to forget about it

golem, Jun 28, 9:06am
.Followed this or similar one today on Rocks Rd, Nelson. Was a Holden panelvan body on large 4x4 chassis. Had a 350 chev emblam on back, number plate JH3733.

pzkpfw, Jun 28, 10:11am
The axles/diffs were Dana. I forget what the transfer case was.

mk3zephyr, Jun 28, 10:18am
There used to be one that parked up at the Redvale Lime Quarry at Dairy Flat just North of Auckland a few years back as well, looked like a HZ or a WB panelvan but a 4WD jobbie

r15, Jun 28, 10:21am
i know where it is, but im not telling

naphtha, Aug 9, 2:51am
Anyone remember seeing a Holden H ! panel van, with front and rear dooron one side, and just front door on other side, at Greenlane, Auckland, about mid to late '70s!I think they were made in OZ as ambulances for big companies!I also seem to remember that the Overlander was made in Tasmania as 4x4 van. I have somewhere, the ad from Wheels magazine, as at the time was interested in getting one, but didn't.