MSNZ cage builders in Auckland

vanman5, Jun 11, 4:25am
Im after a 6 point cage for my c33 laurel wanting know of any builders that have done a good job wanting to pay round $2500 or under anybody know of any i live on the shore cheers

wellabolla, Jun 11, 4:27am
Terrys chassis shop.

v8cougar, Jun 11, 4:44am
motorsport fabrication, silverdale, theres lots of places that will do a 6pt cage for 2500

toxicgreen., Jun 11, 5:11am
Thort they,d be $7-$1000. plus $450 for cert at end of all yr mods.If you pay $2500 then all cage builders will think thats wat we,re happy to pay. Not happy to pay dat myself.

rob_man, Jun 11, 5:24am
There used to be a fabricator called Vince in west Auckland, anyone know where he's gone!

vanman5, Jun 11, 5:34am
yeah gonna ring them up.everyone charges different prices i'ld like to pay less just saying 2500 is the most i'ld pay just after ruff prices cheers

kcf, Jun 11, 5:39am
Several years ago yes, you're looking at more like $1700 - $2000 even for a basic cage these days

Full cage can't be certed.Half cage doesn't need to be certed.

toxicgreen., Jun 11, 6:30am
Admittedly i havent looked into it much(my 1986 "topdog car racing" race car came with cage from 1992,Here in hamilton (on roadside)Te-rapa rd has cage with signs saying"cages starting at $650"! !. I have a 6 point cage 1992 bolts everywhere,Has Motorsport NZ homoligation number/logbook. Lo volume certifier had to approve front section in A piller area,(padding required)after my Club scrutineer said all good , so read into it wat ya want. cheers

clark20, Jun 11, 9:55am

ginga4lyfe, Jun 11, 11:19am
Vince at "fast cars" ! i saw him about a year ago, maybe a year and a half, also heard that he wasnt happy that jason seller's pulled his stickers off the car, i heard of a nasty outcome from that too, though im not sure what to believe, all those guys i knew back then seamed pretty onto it and genuine.

sr2, Jun 11, 11:38am
My preferance is either Race FX or Herbert Fabrication, not bargain basement price wise but some of the best design/fab work out there.

jerichord, Jun 11, 8:33pm
by-gone autos beachhaven, owner is malcolm clark, does a top job,

sr2, Jun 11, 10:39pm
have to agree, you can't fault Mal's work.

cuda.340, Jun 12, 12:26am
Diffs R Us in Otahuhu builds cages, tube chassis as well as mounts diffs & other suspension parts. certified work.

guider1, Jun 12, 11:10am
Craftsman Engineering in Karaka. Calvin built alot of the Super 6 Commodores.

guider1, Jun 12, 11:12am
Who told you that rubbish!

bamz1, Jun 12, 11:15am
do it yerself. or get a mate who can weld, 300 bucks for the pipe, hire a pipe bender, get motorsport book, dnt have to be a certified welder, as long as the welds are good, sweet as

kcf, Jun 12, 8:15pm
Other than scratchbuilt sports cars, such as Frasers and such, it's damn near impossible.

You can have them homologated and covered by a Motorsport Authority Card, but that isn't a Cert.

guider1, Jun 13, 4:33am
That's right. no probs getting a modified car certed with a cage but must have an authority card. not a major at all.
I have the LVVTA guy coming out in 2wks to start the ball rolling for my new car's cert & log it into the sytem. It's a scratch built but has been previously registered on NZ roads. Airbags are gone, SRS gone, crumple zone gone, entire floor gone, firewall gone. everything gone; sweet.

guider1, May 30, 2:05pm
You have to not mind waiting in a cue & getting a BIG bill at the end of the job. lol.
Nice work, yep. too expensive I believe. A friend of mine got a price from TCS then priced from another reputable chassis/racecar builder. the difference was $10000. And yes, you get what you pay for but I would put money down that you could not tell who built which chassis if there were 2 cars placed beside each other with each of them building one each.