Written off EVO back up for sale on Trademe again!

Page 1 / 2
bigfatmat1, Apr 21, 9:32am
Cars can be repaired.

marcos1, Apr 21, 9:46am
Was it an insurance "writeoff" !

im_andrew, Apr 21, 10:00am
It cant have been an insurance writeoff, as it obviously hasnt been deregistered (as a writeoff would be) its wearing plates from early/mid 2008.

defy1, Apr 21, 10:55am
I understand cars can be repaired, just heads up.yes it was a insurance writeoff, Ex p/p was [EVOMR8] not sure what has gone on ther.

crzyhrse, Apr 21, 11:15am
It was deregistered then reregistered on 14 January '09.

a18a, Apr 21, 12:52pm
lol @ woofys question

rustihammer, Apr 21, 7:10pm
Thats some good engrish!

richardmayes, Apr 21, 7:20pm
An insurance write-off isn't automatically deregistered.

Door gaps don't leap out at me as being obviously wrong, although you can't tell much from a photo like that. I wonder if the black bonnet is disguising a multitude of sins!

And yes, cars can be repaired, we have the technology.

defy1, Apr 21, 7:57pm
Never had a carbon-black bonnet, acutally it was entirely stock standard, bbs mags where gunmetal, same tyres on it too, the font was very caved in and the rear was bad if not the same as the front as it was sandwiched in between to cars

kcf, Apr 21, 8:12pm
He seems to be answering all the questions about it being repaired in a straight up manner.I don't really see the problem here, because he has replied in the Q&A's that yes, it is a crashed and repaired car.

richardmayes, Apr 21, 8:43pm
Yes he has sort-of fronted up about the crash damage (but without really saying anything about how serious it may or may not have been - we still have no real idea) but defy had to twist his arm to get this. Good work, that man.

Straight EVO 8s are at least $25,000 on here, I wonder if the repairer would have had the budget to weld a whole replacement front end on and make it a perfectly good car again!

(IIRC the previous shape evos had more spot-welds in the shell than ordinary lancers, I wonder if that is still the case with the Cedia-based evos! )

ct9a, Apr 21, 8:48pm
its only $1800 for a headlight ,i hit a black lab in mine at 90k and peeled the front back was just over 8k in repairs

so id imagine around 15k in repairs would be fixed

falcon15, Apr 21, 10:17pm
if it was deregistered after the crash and re-complied once repaired it must have been repaired properly. It wouldnt have passed compliance if it was held together with cable ties and tape

ct9a, Apr 21, 10:25pm
wonder what reserve is,surely repairs wouldnt devalue the vehicle to much

smac, Apr 21, 10:58pm
In what way did he have to twist his arm!! Defy went in there with a stupid comment trying to "out" the seller about the crash, and he freely admitted it was crashed and repaired.
Nobody has actually asked how bad it was, although he has stated it was panels.
I agree with the above, you guys are just looking for a cover up where there isn't one.

321mat, Apr 21, 11:11pm
It really all depends on whether or not the chassis rails were bent in the accident.Some repairers can not straighten these correctly.

I wonder if it was repaired at a Certified Structural Repair centre.

r15, Apr 21, 11:50pm
this may be so, but then a worked evo tears anything with a ls1 a new arsehole, so whats his point!

ct9a, Apr 22, 12:03am
haahaa omg!
just a small 600hp
http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=F3mGfuWqgLI

ct9a, Apr 22, 12:05am
went for more then two seconds also

ct9a, Apr 22, 12:07am
http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=uHCuXdsFBPI&feature=fvsr
more smoke
and only 400kw from how many litres what a shame
we could do this all day buddy

gunhand, Apr 22, 4:01am
Your lucky he isnt trying to find you to stuff your computer somewhere it shouldnt fit.
Unless you know something about how it was repaired you should keep your nose out. Do you have some evidence to suggest its not up to standard! If car has been dereg it will now be recerted meaning its been checked over, and probably should have been before paint etc.
The days of getting write offs and doing a quick fix are long gone. It may have been uneconomical for the insurance company to repair but to someone with the knowladge possably not. You can save thousands in labour alone if you know what your doing.
And im being polite.

ct9a, Apr 22, 4:05am
its a rb25
4g63 make huge power as iv already proved in the past
and yes japs run 20+ daily can your sexy calais do that!

http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=fjmv396M9sE
go to one minute and listen please and stop your bleeting lil boy

ct9a, Apr 22, 4:07am
simply turbo the v8 lol ah ok an gtr will always be superior
remove the turbo shore can you compete with a high tuned n/a!
hell i even built up a b18c ef7 that ran low 12's all for under 10k that would make your ricy whiny vx look silly

moosie_21, Apr 22, 4:34am
OMFG, seriosuly, stop trying to ruin another thread with this BS Jappa's vs Muscle stuff. Go play some Gran Turismo or actually go and drive ur car rather than clutter up the MB with make believe nonsense. Btw, my Hennessey Venom Viper will destroy all your cars anyday. Seriously, get out and live a little, and start thinking beyond Turbo Jappa vs V8!

phillip.weston, Apr 22, 4:42am
^^ well said. The stuff Scotty says makes him sound like a teenager.