Help I'm stuck at work!

Page 2 / 2
intrade, Mar 23, 6:06am
no broom wooden handle! you just whack the end bit like a hammer on the starter body. if it cranks you found the problem. otherwise a mechanic would use a test light and check if power is getting to the starter silanoid when key is turned and if it is not they make a manual starter wire up to move the car

xacoon, Mar 23, 6:07am
got jumper leads!

ricford1, Mar 23, 6:10am
yeah we have

ricford1, Mar 23, 6:11am
Oh yeah sorry yes we did do that

xacoon, Mar 23, 6:19am
you tried jumping it!

ricford1, Mar 23, 6:21am
ummmmm no because we are the only ones here, by the time we got back here today everyone had gone

xacoon, Mar 23, 6:24am
bugger, jumping is kinda like a more efficient alternative to the "hammer method"

ricford1, Mar 23, 6:39am
Ok I have gone and asked a neighbour to use their car to jump it soooo if it doesn't start after doing that then are you saying it probably is the starter motor!

xacoon, Mar 23, 6:43am
if it starts with a jump its a chance its the starter solenoid, will be a cheap and easy auto sprky fix, if not.! could be a few things really.

ricford1, Mar 23, 6:46am
I will post again soon after we try it and thank you

zephyrheaven, Mar 23, 6:51am
give the starter a thump with something hard while you hold the key in the crank position

ricford1, Mar 23, 7:02am
Ok we have done that and nothing happened, it still won't do anything

xacoon, Mar 23, 7:06am
starter may be run off a relay thats let go! not familiar with the car so I will bow out now before I start clutching at straws.

ricford1, Aug 17, 5:16pm
ok thank you for your help aye!