Toytoa Prius C

Page 1 / 2
nzman89, May 31, 3:45am
Peoples thought on the new pricus c! looking at buying one.

3tomany, May 31, 3:54am
why not buy a diesol it will be cheaper, more fuel efficient and wont have destroyed the planet being built. only downside is road tax

gman35, May 31, 4:12am
My thoughts are that I would consider a Prius if there was no other car available. And that would be after searching where I could find a petrol Mazda 3.

lk104, May 31, 5:28am
Proof is in the sales, Dealerships cant keep up with demand.

jasongroves, May 31, 5:30am
Selling a lot of something, doesn't make that something good.

foxdonut, May 31, 5:31am
iPhone.

jasongroves, May 31, 5:33am
Pet rock, chatter rings, Geo Pets.Toyota Cavalier.

morrisman1, May 31, 5:38am
Its a far better option than the Prius as its cheap. Makes more financial sense. I wont be considering one though, I still think they are rubbish

lk104, May 31, 5:40am
No, not always, but obviously people like them and they are priced well.

lk104, May 31, 5:43am
Yeah right, Diesels kill 400 people a year with vehicle emissions and they certainly arent more fuel effiicient.

jasongroves, May 31, 5:44am
Proof of both these statements please!

vtecintegra, May 31, 5:47am
The really bad diesel emissions come from older vehicles like buses though.

Economy depends on where and how you are driving, but even long distance the Prius is competitive (if worse than its official rating)

http://www.aa.co.nz/assets/about/events/energywise-rally/2010/ewr-2010-oct-14-results-after-day4.pdf

morrisman1, May 31, 5:50am
Dont petrols emit more carcinogens than diesels, but diesels are considered worse because you can sometimes see the soot

lk104, May 31, 5:52am
Just in Auckland alone refer to below.
And diesels are the worst.
http://transportblog.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/emissions-deaths.jpg

lk104, May 31, 5:53am
Yes, its the grit stuff that gets into the air and into your lungs.

foxdonut, May 31, 5:54am
lol. Yeah. Europe is banning diesel cars.

Good skills champ.

You should buy a Prius. It'd suit you.

vtecintegra, May 31, 5:54am
I don't think any European country has banned diesels, while they're slowly losing favour they're still extremely popular (much more so than here). Their newer emission standards are pretty stringent though

Japan is much tougher on them though, which is why no one sells diesel cars in Japan these days.

shane.64, May 31, 5:58am
A 5.7 v8 is way much better. Dont be a puss

3tomany, May 31, 6:00am

lk104, May 31, 6:01am
Yes sorry might be all poo with that statement, have deleted that.

3tomany, May 31, 6:04am
you obviously arnt talking about the latest common rail diesols only old stuff does that

johnn, May 31, 6:05am
My mum bought one, it hasn't got much grunt but it is a nice little run around shopping trolley for her & was cheap compared to other hybrids. I drive a small turbo diesel & it has about the same economy plus it has grunt when needed. She is very happy with her car & so am I.

lk104, May 31, 6:06am
Thats the Prius and to be fair their were issues with those,but we are talking the Prius C which is totally different.

3tomany, May 31, 6:15am
this is an old article but the same problem still applies http://helenathegreat.hubpages.com/hub/Prius diesol cars or lpg are better options for someone wanting low running costs and enviromentaly freindly as there preferance

3tomany, May 31, 6:21am