Hennessey Venom GT Spider Delivery to Steven Tyler

Page 1 / 2
zak410, May 30, 9:31am
"This is it, the big leagues! The first 2012 Hennessey Venom GT has been dynoed at 1244 horsepower and after the latest season of American Idol was done, the rock star took delivery of this insane 1.1 million dollar car from Hennessey??

paull, May 30, 10:32am
god damm thats insane,,,,

mr_bond, May 30, 10:13pm
Okay awesome car, but what's with Steve Tyler rocking socks with sandals - and not in a trendy way either!

tgray, May 30, 10:20pm
If your that rich and famous, you don't give a damn.

trogedon, May 31, 12:21am
I thought he'd be too drugged out (now, from past drug use) to know what he was driving.

attitudedesignz, May 31, 12:26am
At least it takes the focus off his face for a moment.man has he gotten ugly.

friendly_prawn, May 31, 12:30am
Could it be driven practically on the road!

I just cant help but wonder what that would be like to drive.

wouldnt that thing be like driving an mr2 only a million more times likely to swap ends.

One tap on the gas pedal would be like your skating on ice with that sort of power to weight ratio and weight distribution surely.

Dont get me wrong guys, its got me drooling but as a daily driver surely its just an accident waiting to happen.

friendly_prawn, May 31, 12:32am
"Interestingly, the car's balance is not at its optimum until it has a passenger and driver inside. When all fluids and a passenger are loaded, the car's 37-63 empty weight distribution becomes an ideal 44-56"

gman35, May 31, 1:01am
Any reason when I clicked on the video a Hyundai SantaFe ad popped up !"Hang on , lets pause the Dyno video guys , and check out Hyundai's deal" !

foxdonut, May 31, 1:18am
According to most people, since it has "dinosaur pushrods lol" it can't possibly be that fast.

Right!

gman35, May 31, 1:33am
Would say he will be "Livin' on the edge" if he's a bit heavy on the right pedal . He will be thinking "I don't want to miss a thing" looking down the road. (that's enough , someone else's turn with the song title or lyrics now)

elect70, May 31, 2:26am
Guessyanks want the title of worldsfastest production car . that dork will kill himself in it

timmo1, May 31, 3:21am
The reason is you aren't using an adblocker ;)

zak410, May 31, 3:24am
He could, but I hope he wont!
why do you call him a dork, really, can you surpass his talents, or what are you famous for !

"Steven Tyler (born Steven Victor Tallaricco; March 26, 1948) is an American singer, songwriter, and multi-instrumentalist, best known as the frontman and lead singer of the Boston-based rock band Aerosmith, in which he also plays the harmonica, and occasional piano and percussion. He is known as the "Demon of Screamin'"[1] due to his high screams and his wide vocal range. He is also known for his on-stage acrobatics."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Tyler

Nice car though!

timmo1, May 31, 3:27am
What is it powered by!

friendly_prawn, May 31, 3:43am
see I told you they should have put a rotary in it to get some real decent hp.

foxdonut, May 31, 5:13am
ZR6 engine minus super charger + two truck turbos.

For those questioning the drivability of the car it can be dialed down in cockpit to a more manageable 800 horse and has 10 thousand dollar + per corner rubber on it so its probably not going to be as bad as its made out to be. Driving it off boost would probably be made easier because unlike some hand grenade 3 litre turbo strung out to a thousand horsepower it doesn't need to rev to a million to make any power - 'cause its a "dinosaur pushrod lol" and has torque at idle.

foxdonut, May 31, 5:20am
If anyone is interested, lotus already built this same car for Group C racing ages ago and called it the Lotus GT1.

esprit, May 31, 5:42am
Not for Group C racing, but for the BPR Global GT series. Rule-changes during the car's development rendered it a failure on the track, but in the nostalgic '90s GT series, the things clean up! :)

friendly_prawn, May 31, 6:25am
pushrod dinasour technology!
Thank god for modern turbo technology eh!

foxdonut, May 31, 6:30am
By "clean up" I assume you mean over heat and DNF just about every race right ;P

foxdonut, May 31, 6:31am
Yeah! Go us in 1905!

wrong2, Jun 1, 11:31pm
same as an ultima

except ultimas weigh 300 kg less

if your going to end up that heavy, why bother. total compromise compared to a chassie made for that lump

mazzyz, Jun 2, 12:30am
Big fan of this car and am waiting for it to blow the Bugatti Veyron into the weeds.

wrong2, Jun 2, 12:41am
youll be witing a while

the veyron probablly has10x the level of engineering