What automotive attractions in Napier and Auckland

happylad3, Jul 13, 9:56am
Are there worth visiting. I'm going to napier/Hastings and Auckland for a few days, and was wondering what sights there are to see around there. I'm into anything old, and anything fast. Lol

grangies, Jul 13, 10:01am
Not about cars. But.

If you like engineering, then visit The New Zealand National Aquarium in Napier.

A fine example of building right next to a beach, and down underground.

thunderbolt, Jul 13, 10:41am
Auckland.
Motat and the nearby airplane museum.
Maybe something happening at Hampton downs, pukekohe or the dragway if you are into motorsport.

happylad3, Jul 13, 10:45am
Yup into motorsport. Going to the speedshow next weekend. Gunna meet the giz, and tell him how comfy his car is lol

stevo2, Jul 13, 6:16pm
There is a place about 10 mins south of napier towards the coast that has heaps of old British cars on display. Everything from a Roller and Jag to Zephyrs and Morries.
Some were restored some werent
I spent an hour there easy.
http://www.britishcarmuseum.co.nz/

kazbanz, Jul 13, 9:14pm
Theres a place called Moterray Park which is on the end of upper harbour drive Hobsonville. There are some seriously nice cars there

happylad3, Jul 13, 9:20pm
Not your caryard is it!

sr2, Jul 13, 9:29pm
Well woth a look, fantastic collection of old cars.

doublek, Jul 13, 10:41pm
Is that Merv's place (Monteray/Monteroy Park)! Does the train sets etc!
If you want to see idiots driving cars, pretty much any motorway in Akld will give you pearlers (open 6:30am to 9:30am and 4:00pm to 6:30pm. Special matinee session on the Southern carpark at 1:00pm most days).
MOTAT is a good place to visit. Not sure if there are any car shows on!

happylad3, Jul 13, 11:31pm
im going to the CRC Speedshow on the 23rd.

kazbanz, Jul 14, 12:03am
NO not at all -Merve smith I think has his giant trainset there and there are some darned nice old cars

trogedon, Sep 10, 2:45am
Is the Gasolene Alley cafe still open in Beach Road, bottom of Parnell!
Check out some of the upmarket car sales (Kaz's!!) in Greenlane etc too.