How to lower your alcohol breath levels

Page 1 / 3
skittles93, Jun 6, 12:20am
Hmm my friend and I were discussing this the other day and wondered if it would be valid. Just before you have to say your name address etc why not hyperventilate! This would increase the partial pressure of oxygen in the blood stream and displace the air the upper respiratory tract with clean air! Not condoning drink driving but hey if you are unsure whether or not you might tip the limit.

trader1292, Jun 6, 12:23am
Have heard of people doing that at the station/ booze bus. They ask to go to the toilet and when they are in there chug water from the basin and hyperventilate right before they do the test. If the cop found out you may be required to do a blood test though.

patiki1, Jun 6, 12:24am
Maybe dont drink so much!

andrea_w, Jun 6, 12:26am
Yep!
For some reason, it's too hard for a lot of people

kazbanz, Jun 6, 12:42am
Quite frankly if I was dumb enough to drive thinking I was close to the limit--If I got pulled over for it I'd be hyperventilating plenty anyways knowing I'd been caught being really stupid.
(for me no licence means im outa buisiness

skiff1, Jun 6, 12:51am
Crash into an oncoming vehicle, (maybe with some childern in it). That way you will be dead and stop breathing. No breath, no alcohol.

skittles93, Jun 6, 2:03am
This really is the best way for some! Don't get me wrong I am neither condoning this nor have ever done this myself. Just some banter that came upthe other day.

elect70, Jun 6, 2:04am
Hyperventilate , vigourous exersize ,greasy food & water , lose 16 mgalcoholper hour(according todoc ) . I did it back in70 swhen had to wait for local doc to turn up to doblood test. Ran around the station yard& drank gallonwater&4leaks,until he turned uphour laterresultwas 85limit then was 100 . Seen matehyper & spew on side of road, hed been in the pub2 hours& came injust under .

sabbath-black, Jun 6, 4:31am
.lovely, do you hate kittens and puppies too! or just kids!

friendly_prawn, Jun 6, 4:42am
I read of a dude that had a crash.
He pulled out a bottle of whiskey and started swigging on the bottle.
When the cops got there he was drinking.
Cops did him for DIC.
He got off.
His argument was that he was in such shock he needed a drink so uncapped an unopen bottle of hot stuff to help quell his nerves.
He swore he hadnt touched a drop before the accident.
How could the cops prove otherwise!

barrie2, Jun 6, 5:22am
Taxi's are cheap. considering possible loss of job! Another 7 gone last weekend - don't drink and drive - stay at home and get rat-arsed.

gedo1, Jun 6, 5:25am
The digital alcohol tester is a piece of equipment that detects chemicals from air expelled from your lungs. Usually it is the police force that uses this unit to find out if a driver is operating under the influence. People have been trying to find ways to avoid detection of the renowned breathalyzer for years, so a number of myths have come about through these methods. Even though individuals swear by these techniques, they're myths which do not work when it comes to the police digital alcohol breath tester.

It??

skittles93, Jun 6, 5:49am
All the methods you have listed will not change alcohol levels in the breath.of course they won't, it isn't an active process of replacing the alcoholic breath, rather they just alter the constituents. They don't change the partial pressure of oxygen in anyway. Hyperventilation actively does so altering the meter readings.

gedo1, Jun 6, 6:10am
You are absolutely right skittles93 and that is known to manufacturers and users of the instruments. This is part of the reason for the suspect having to reach end expiration of breath when they blow in the test instrument - especially the one at the station or in the booze bus so to speak.End expiration occurs when the suspect has continued with one breath without stopping - almost emptying the lungs.The measurement continues to take place right up to that point.As an example think of times you may have seen those reality programs showing a suspect being tested - how the tester will insist they "Keep blowing, keep blowing" etc.If that is not done then the tester will ask that the test be repeated.If hyperventilation has been attempted it would have to be done before each of the attempts. Fairly noticeable to the tester.Worth a try if you know you are on the edge and at the time the preliminary in the car test is being conducted.Don't be surprised if it doesn't work as you hope though!

skittles93, Jun 6, 6:28am
Indeed, however this is in relation to being in your car and getting tested with the handheld device. It is a completely different ballgame when it comes to the blow test into the tube! As you say that will catch out the buggers who drink and drive.

msigg, Jun 6, 6:40am
Just don't be an idiot in the first place. easy for some.

skiff1, Jun 6, 8:12am
I think you completely missed my point.

dunn28, Jun 6, 8:42am
raspberryjuice works for some reason ,also brush your teeth an of course your tongue

bigfatmat1, Jun 6, 8:49am
I failed my first breath test the lady added a tube onto the side of the digital machine and said take a deep breath then blow as i was inhaling for my "deep" breath she said stop. I had passed and I had not even blowen into it. but sucked on it On my merry way I went. Oh btw i had had two beers this was the first fail

gedo1, Jun 6, 7:59pm
The user was not applying the correct procedure and that is what got you off (if you had been over the limit, that is!).

murph2068594, Jun 6, 8:35pm

footplate1, Jun 6, 8:48pm
A friend was prosecuted for two beers.He hadn't eaten since breakfast and was charged on the basis of an evidential breath test.He hates needles and skipped the blood test.Big mistake!

drog, Jun 6, 9:00pm
If you drink and drive you are a bl**dy idiot.

skiff1, Jun 6, 9:37pm
it'll buff out, its just a little scratch

sabbath-black, Jun 6, 11:37pm
.nup got it.you want drink drivers dead, and if they take out kids,all the better.chuck a couple of grannys in there too.that should get you hard