Wanting 2 purchase a volkwagon prassat

Page 2 / 2
redhead21, Aug 7, 12:40am
My comments on it looks great were sort of tongue in check.We have previously owned a 2001 Ford but have decided to look at other types of vehicles.I am also aware that buying a second hand vehicle comes with all sorts of problems, but it is one i think most kiwis take each and every day.I guess I should have asked, "does anyone own a Passat, and their impressions".My comments about condition etc, it hasnt been knocked about body wise. I so appreciate the mature comments and now I can take them and make a hopefully wise decision.

redhead21, Aug 7, 12:42am
we are neither ford, holden,toyota, nissen or euro owners, we tend to go with what suits us for what we want at the time. I am not image conscious either.

msj23, Aug 7, 12:48am
A VW Passat is fine, great car, alot of people here dont know what they are talking about

msj23, Aug 7, 12:49am
As is always the case with euro cars just make sure you have a contact or shop with spare parts as they can be the only tricky thing. NZ is flooded with jap parts but euro parts are a wee bit harder and sometimes more expensive to find

thunderbolt, Aug 7, 12:50am

shelleigh, Aug 7, 12:52am
This company supply Euro car parts -
http://www.qualitat.co.nz/

The Passats are are nice looking wagon :)

msj23, Aug 7, 12:58am
Oh and for the OP, VW engines are of a very high quality, exact same as many audi engines and VW corp just merged with porsche so you know its an incredibly high euro quality

nzdoug, Aug 7, 1:04am
2005 onwards B6 Passat 2.0 tdi awesum.
Economical, grunty, sofa comfort excellent machine