Triple 8, Vodafone out, Red Bull in.

Page 1 / 2
attitudedesignz, Aug 1, 5:46am
Just announced by Roland Dane that Red Bull will be naming rights sponsor for 2013 and beyond.

patiki1, Aug 1, 7:41am
Red Bull always backs winners.

3tomany, Aug 1, 8:04am
yea didnt know till now that red bull was a fone company thought they sold drinks so it is working already

bigfatmat1, Aug 1, 9:11am
http://www.speedcafe.com/2012/08/01/exclusive-triple-eight-conduct-cotf-shakedown-at-norwell/ this artical states different my mate works for tripple 8 he posted link

NZTools, Aug 1, 10:53am
What does the bottom line of the article say!

splinter67, Aug 1, 6:58pm
It dont matter what colour you paint them you cant beat them

bigfatmat1, Aug 1, 7:22pm
It says mat should learn to read!

gunsmoke4, Aug 1, 7:51pm
They also make explosives.

attitudedesignz, Aug 1, 10:03pm
Red Bull is (or was) actually the name of the marketing co' owned by Dietrich Mateschitz in Austria.

Wiki will tell you how it all came about.

elect70, Aug 2, 2:14am
Shows how much mega$$ is spent onsugary & caffiene drinks worldwide.

attitudedesignz, Aug 2, 2:18am
Energy drinks are the new tabacco when it comes to sponsorships.

bill-robinson, Aug 2, 2:22am
what a waste of money on taxi racing

3tomany, Aug 2, 2:23am
autoaction is claiming red bull mobile are backing them not energy drinks

attitudedesignz, Aug 2, 2:32am
Well for a start i wouldn't beleive 10% of what auto fiction prints. They got damn lucky with guessing Red Bull.

Do some research on Red Bull mobile in OZ to see how convoluted the whole Red Bull "empire" is.

Also i don't think RB mobile would be spending 5.75 million PER YEAR in sponsorship over 3 years since their share of the mobile market in OZ is something like 11%.

Mate, it's not hard to research these things with the interweb nowadays.

3tomany, Aug 2, 2:37am
time will tell

floscey, Aug 2, 2:43am
is this series still going ! anyone seen any advertising !you wouldn't know the next round is this weekend (IPSWICH) . Only the diehards care or know whats happening.TC'sdoing nothin but ride it till it dies.

mitsiboy69, Aug 2, 5:43am
It's huge in Australia. It's pretty hard to follow the series in NZ because they don't show live races. Apparently sky sport has the rights to it from 2013 and beyond so kiwi's can finally watch it properly.

3tomany, Aug 2, 6:19am
yay i hope you are right but i feel sorry for my mates that dont have sky

bill-robinson, Aug 2, 7:26am
put in a taxi meter and invite them round

floscey, Aug 2, 8:10pm
well if it goes to SKY it will join the list of sports i dont watch because they are on SKY. I used to follow rugby , league and cricket but its pointless if you dont have SKY . Time to find another hobby i guess.

splinter67, Aug 2, 8:29pm
you could always watch the live feed off the supercar website

kwkbrk, Aug 2, 9:25pm
Just dying to see the Euro cars in the mix to show the Falcodores what its all about.
I`d like to say it should have been done years ago, but is was, until it became the apparent that the local product couldn`t win a race to save themselves .

attitudedesignz, Aug 2, 9:53pm
Won't happen. Europe has the DTM and now also the V8Suprstars (Google it, some pretty good racing)
BMW said they don't want to do V8 racing in OZ, Mercedes says NO but they have given permission for their shells to be used privately with NO factory backing. Audi are out even with the links to BJR they say it's not the marketing they need or want.

So i'm putting it out there that the 4th manufacturer will be HYUNDAI / KIA.

Kia is launching this

http://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/7369200/Kia-Quoris-qualifies-for-export

With the option of the Hyundai V8.

Some rumours are either DJR or SBR.watch this space.

Seems there MAY have been an annoucment at Ipswich this weekend (QLD = DJR & SBR bases)
But now Sydney at end of year seems more likely, now who has their headquaters in Sydney.hmmm.Kia.-

splinter67, Aug 2, 11:04pm
Lets see how Nissan get on first if they start winning are we going to see the same as the sieras everyone going to them ( even Brocky) untill they get banned cant see what is wrong with it at the moment Holden versus ford

floscey, Aug 2, 11:36pm
Ford will be looking to change to new dohc engine with nissan being allowed to run adohc v8.