Grrr wreckers

Page 1 / 2
s.patete, Aug 14, 7:13am
I have just purchased a new boot lid for my falcon off a wrecker in Auckland as I couldnt find the same color localy.They put a pic up on their auction as I wanted to confirm color, pic showed the back of an XR6 with boot lid still atatched to car, in the pic the boot lid had a spoiler on it, great I thought that must be the lid they will send me, my car will gain a spoiler.
Lid turns up today and it is a spoiler lid but spoiler has been removed leaving the holes for me to fill/tape over.Needless to say im a bit pissed at having the holes, didnt care either way about a spoiler but if its meant to have one leave the bloody thing there.
I emailed tonight asking why it was taken off and if they could send me one so I dont have to get the holes filled, is this an unreasonable request given the pic they showed me had a spoiler!

unclejake, Aug 14, 7:15am
If you ordered a wheel you wouldn't expect a tyre on it, so I think you will need to fund the new spoiler.

s.patete, Aug 14, 7:26am
If there was a tyre in the pic why not!
Granted it wasnt stated either way regarding the spoiler and I would have been quite happy to be supplied a lid with no holes, but a lid that is supposed to take one being supplied without just seems like a bit of a rip off. They sent it with the locking mechanism which technically is a seperate part why not lend the spoiler as well!

s.patete, Aug 14, 7:28am
I specifically asked for a boot lid not a car, if I had asked for a car I would expect it came with a boot lid!

pebbles61, Aug 14, 7:28am
While I can appreciate how annoying it is, the deal was for a boot lid, not a spoiler. Should of double checked before confirming the deal. How many holes are there! a decent welder/panel shop would fill those in fairly cheaply.

andrea_w, Aug 14, 7:28am
You asked for a boot lid, you got a boot lid.
A spoiler is another saleable item for the wrecker.
In saying that, some would probably just leave it attached to the boot lid. but on the other hand, others won't.

thejazzpianoma, Aug 14, 7:45am
It comes down to customer service. While they likely havn't broken the law as such it was pretty silly and poor service of them not to point out that the spoiler was extra. Especially if you had pointed out to them that you were after a specific colour so they knew you wouldn't be getting it painted.

unclejake, Aug 14, 7:46am
There is no need to be condescending about it. It was a fair question which has now been answered

s.patete, Aug 14, 8:01am
Cheers guys prob wont hold my breath that they will come through with a spoiler, a relatively cheap lesson in buyer beware then.

74nova, Aug 14, 8:11am
Miss communication on both sides. You should have asked if the spoiler was included instead of assuming and they should have made you a where the spoiler wasn't included and offered it to you for extra.

gunhand, Aug 14, 8:17am
I think unless it said bootlid only I would want what was shown as this was that they were showing in th auction. Spoilers cost bugger all now anyway so you could get one and put it on. As for your holes it will cost you prob $300 or more to weld fill and paint so a spolier would be better if you can get one the same colour.
But I would hit the wreckers up and suggest they misrepresented the auction. or send it back theres shit loads for sale.

merrigj, Aug 14, 8:20am
I would be pissed about the holes no question.Tell them to either send the spoiler or supply a lid with no holes.

pico42, Aug 14, 8:45am
But a boot lid full of holes! I don't think the OP asked for that.

Aside from what constitutes a boot lid, it seems that what was sent was a boot lid that is not fit for purpose due to the removal of the spoiler leaving holes in it. OP obviously expected an intact boot lid that just needed to be fitted irrespective of whether it had a spoiler or not.

That seems simple to understand.

gunhand, Aug 14, 8:51am
Yep, who wants a boot full of holes!

intrade, Aug 14, 8:52am
another factor is that the spoiler was on the picture it should state no spoiler or they should have taken a picture with the spoiler removed. You might have to pay extra for the spoiler now but you could give the part back for a refund but shipping will probably be both times on your cost. So i would try and get the spoiler cheaper due to the fact that you got holes , However keep in mind the wracker will probably say you must have had a spoiler as you clearly did see there was one and you did buy the lid not the spoiler.

les6, Aug 14, 8:55am
not an issue with a ford,they will leak with or without the holes!

gunhand, Aug 14, 8:59am
Mine dosen't, I musta got a dud, hate that.

splinter67, Aug 14, 9:01am
So how long you gunna last this time buzzy bee

flat_white_ltd, Aug 14, 9:14am
who's this new ( / old ) charmer !
( full of the joys of Spring, aye ! )

corky, Aug 14, 9:59am
The subfamily Vespinae contains the largest and best-known eusocial wasps, including true hornets, and the "yellowjackets". The remaining genus, Provespa is a small, poorly-known group of nocturnal wasps from Southeast Asia. Wikipedia

gunhand, Aug 14, 10:03am
And here I thought it was some kinda gay vespa rider thing LOL.

dasfi, Aug 14, 10:08am
but a wheel is classed as a rim and tyre! if you wanted a rim youd ask for a rim

fordkiwi27, Aug 14, 10:36am
great

splinter67, Aug 14, 10:48pm
It was Hornett

s.patete, Aug 15, 6:03am
The wrecker has offered a refund and collection at their cost, unfortunately I need it for a wof so might try talk down the spoiler a bit.The reason I have gone so far away from home to source is that no wreckers localy had the correct color and I didnt want to have to muck around getting one painted.