AU 'coon not winding over

Page 1 / 2
whqqsh, Aug 10, 8:38pm
not having a good run with the old girl lately. Fuel pump last week now came out of the movies last night, turn key & no starter action. Dash lights all show ok, plenty of battery juice, just dead on the starter. Tried shifting to neutral & park but still dead. Starter right up under inlet manifold (or I think thats was by feel) & tapped that whlie missus turning key but couldnt get much of a swing anyway. So its jack it up today & check starter & inhibitor. Any other suggestions!. apart from the expected/boring 'buy a Holden' (Ive had several of those).

morrisman1, Aug 10, 8:44pm
buy a fiat punto

whqqsh, Aug 10, 8:48pm
we've had one, good car but the missus wanted her VR6

bellky, Aug 10, 8:58pm
Just do what you said you were going to do instead of yapping about it.

friendly_prawn, Aug 10, 9:04pm
Why dont you go post some where that you are liked.
Oh, thats right, you wouldnt be able to post any where then.

splinter67, Aug 10, 9:06pm
Looks like a bad day for you belky dude morning FP

whqqsh, Aug 10, 9:06pm
so you never ask advice! I just thought someone would know of some simple yet obscure issue that I can check out while 'doing what I said I was going to do'. or do you jack the car up, check one thing, let it down again, tomorrow jack it up again, check one other thing. wouldnt want to pay you by the hour!

whqqsh, Aug 10, 9:07pm
as Mum used to say of such people "he probably just needs a friend"

friendly_prawn, Aug 10, 9:08pm
heh heh I think he's justjealous of your cool sunglasses too!

friendly_prawn, Aug 10, 9:08pm
morning mate. Yep, he'll learn to pull his head in one day.

whqqsh, Aug 10, 9:12pm
yeah, maybe search back through my FB too, just to see the Ray-ban logo

mugenb20b, Aug 10, 9:16pm
You sound like an angry man bellky, can I suggest you take some fishing rods with you and drive to Castle Point and do some fishing. A bit of fresh air and nice scenery will do you good.

bellky, Aug 10, 9:16pm
Nah, it's more important to talk about it on the MB with my internet 'friends'.

bellky, Aug 10, 9:17pm
I hate fishing.

fordkiwi27, Aug 10, 9:26pm
man that sounds like a plan!

fordkiwi27, Aug 10, 9:26pm
fishing hates you too.

bellky, Aug 10, 9:28pm
Haha, good on it - I had enough of it when I was a kid.

splinter67, Aug 10, 9:30pm
HA ha you dont have any freinds

kehua, Aug 10, 9:49pm
I've owned a few E & A series Falcons. Having the same problem as yours & Sparky saying starter was fine so was a process of elimination. i just got him to fit a starter button just in case it won't start from key again. Worked well for the kids to get some exercise till someone told them "you can't push start an auto".

nobucks, Aug 10, 10:12pm
I had an EL once thatI had to hold the key in start position then toot the horn.may sound funny but it did the trick.

whqqsh, Aug 10, 10:16pm
reminds me of a Commodore I had with a bare wire in the column, occasionally would beep the horn when turning, usually low speed in carparks, the amount of one finger hand signals I got in return was amazing

clark20, Aug 10, 11:10pm
My old mans holden (70s) ute was similar, you had to push the sterring wheel up and turn the key at the same time

clark20, Aug 10, 11:12pm
To answer question it never hurts to check and clean the battery terminals and earths leads etc, may be just the starter solenoid.

evotime, Aug 10, 11:24pm
we had one at work you had to hit on the left side of where the hump for instruments is on the dash and it would go had been like that for years apparently.

johnf_456, Aug 10, 11:25pm
woke up on the wrong side of the bed did we!