AU 'coon not winding over

Page 2 / 2
unbeatabull, Aug 11, 12:03am
Check starter relay and power at the starter when cranking. If over 11-12V then starter's crook. You can get aftermarket starters from Pan Pacific in CHCH which are a bit cheaper then a genuine one. Otherwise a sparky could probably rebuild it for ya.

fordkiwi27, Aug 11, 12:08am
you and belky are mates thou eh .

friendly_prawn, Aug 11, 12:20am
how about minding your own business.

johnf_456, Aug 11, 12:25am
Just making a comment as you seem to give him a rather excessive hard time.

friendly_prawn, Aug 11, 12:46am
Well well, I gave you way too much credit.
You are definitely no where near as intelligent as I gave you credit for.
What part of post#4 did you miss.

jason18, Aug 11, 1:29am
Now Now ladies!
My au just developed a huge crack down the booster and about a week ago the back caliper bolt snapped off and started grinding against the wheel!

friendly_prawn, Aug 11, 1:37am
ladies! well I never new you thought that way about me Jason.
want a picture of my legs!

re coon, go you one better. My AUtrans just died.

unbeatabull, Aug 11, 1:39am
My EL is still going like a beast though :P . not far away till it hits 400clicks!

whqqsh, Aug 11, 1:54am
so here goes, checked the basics, relay, fuses, wires etc all good, turn key while tapping solenoid, no go. Ran power supply to solenoid with key on, instant startup. so inhibitor, down to wreckers (thanks, Flag Forward), replaced, all good. The inhibitor was bloody hard to get off as the shaft had badly rusted & bloomed locking the plastic switch unit on & had to smash it to get it off (have seen on a Ford forum just now this isnt uncommon) so scraped it & lots of grease to try & help in the future. while in that area also did heater tap thats been dodgy for a while & screwed up front spoiler thats had a few knocks. Not a bad morning & missus did a nice bacon, eggs & s'getti for lunch, Im happy as a dog wagging 2 tails

clark20, Aug 11, 1:58am
Sounds like a nice experience, sometimes its OK when things break, gives a chance to do sum fixn'

unbeatabull, Aug 11, 3:19am
Heater taps quite common :) Hope ya did the two hoses under the inlet manifold that go to it at the same time though, common for them to split with age as well.

whqqsh, Aug 11, 4:03am
they were done some time ago, got to admit Ford do seem to like hiding things under inlet manifolds

whqqsh, Aug 11, 4:07am
oh & BTW heater still not working so pulled centre dash out & switches, cable from dial etc all ok. any ideas!, not sure if a blockage because lack of heat was one morning good, next morning nothing.

unbeatabull, Aug 11, 4:10am
Yeah, can be a few things on them. I assume its all bleed up correctly! Both hoses (In & out) of heater box hot!

Could be the side servo motor on the heater box or something internal, the shafts and flaps in them do like to play silly buggers . otherwise it can be the heater controls/module/actuator/cable-
etc depending on if yours is electronic or mechanical linkages.

whqqsh, Aug 11, 4:16am
while the dash was out I had a twiddle & the flaps are def opening & closing (that thunk noise was nice & positive), disconnected the heater dial cable & gave a pull with pliers to make sure it was attached at the other end or not broken.

unbeatabull, Aug 11, 4:25am
Assuming all the heater box etc is fine, have you checked the heater hoses are hot on both the in and out! And is it just not hot at all, or does it get warmish or just stay cold etc.

robotix1970, Aug 11, 1:09pm
dunno if it's been mentioned but if your car is an auto then check the auto trans inhibetor switch located on the left side of the auto transmission as they are proned for not working when you least expect it.