Auckland spraypainter who will do small jobs

attitudedesignz, Feb 27, 8:55pm
Most paint shops don't like small 'one off' jobs. Too time consuming with little profit.
Whereas I know someone out of Auckland who does just the thing you're after and courier rates are reasonable.

grangies, Feb 27, 9:03pm
The booth doesn't necessarily have to have a bake cycle.

The paint shop isn't going to bake a small job anyway. No way they'll be heating up a 120-150 cubic meter room to 60'c for 45 minutes on a job that's small.

Small stuff is usually squeezed in with a bigger job, or accelerated with a fast catalyst, then placed under a heat lamp one the paint has flashed off.

grangies, Feb 27, 9:04pm
But yeah. Get attitudedesignz to do it. He does a nice job, and has posted many pictures of his work on here.

attitudedesignz, Feb 27, 9:07pm
Gee drop me in it why don't ya lol

But thanks for the recommendation.

grangies, Feb 27, 9:14pm
All you have to do, is place an ad on here.

Auction title "Paint Job For Studio1"

Buy now = (insert figure here) .

toyboy3, Feb 27, 10:07pm
Put up for sale a wheel nut

kazbanz, Feb 27, 10:23pm
Studio -I'd suggest calling Touch up guys. They will come to you and I'm sure would be happy to help

trogedon, Feb 27, 11:29pm
Research and do as much off the prep as you can. and I second AD's work too.

tub4, Feb 28, 1:39am
If you're doing a frame, I'd be looking at powder coaters as I believe its a better finish for frames and I've found the cost is very close.

trogedon, Feb 28, 1:49am
Some powder coating is worse than two pot.

attitudedesignz, Feb 28, 2:06am
Paint is easier to fix (chips and scrapes) and remains more 'pliable' than powder coat so is more resistant to said chips and scrapes.

I've never had a problem with paint on frames.

https://trademe.tmcdn.co.nz/photoserver/full/367123727.jpg

tub4, May 23, 5:10pm
Lost number of how many motorcycles we've rebuilt and have always gone with powder coating since the late 70s when we gave up on chroming frames.
There is an awesome powder coater here whos been around for years and will even do the odd custom job.