Bruce McLaren

Page 1 / 2
tigra, Dec 1, 11:04pm
doco to be made by Roger Donaldson. He, and Denny Hulme were the anthesis of NZ motorsport in the '60s

m16d, Dec 1, 11:08pm
And Cris Amon.

rsr72, Dec 1, 11:33pm
. 'anthesis'. ?

tigra, Dec 2, 12:24am
OK, Antithesis

sifty, Dec 2, 12:39am
Still not sure that's what you mean to say.

tigra, Dec 2, 1:21am
Its probably not but when I googled it, it seemed appropriate

gazzat22, Dec 2, 1:24am
Epitome could be more apropriate,.

countrygirl17, Dec 2, 1:24am
"apotheosis"?

[cg's mom]

bjmh, Dec 2, 1:43am
aww a bloomin flower,yer that'll do. we know what you mean

tigertim20, Dec 2, 1:56am
have you checked the meaning of antithesis?

bjmh, Dec 2, 2:22am
anthesis . antithesis? err

nzjay, Dec 2, 3:16am
. and Graeme McRae

sifty, Dec 2, 6:36am
and Hugh Anderson, Ginger Molloy, Barry Briggs, Burt Munro, plus I think Ivan Mauger won his first world championship in the 60s.

pge, Dec 2, 7:02am
Ronnie Moore
Howden Ganley
to add to the list

neell, Dec 2, 7:32am
Geoff Perry, was late 60's/early 70's

newtec1, Dec 2, 7:39am
Those guys were all great Champion Kiwi's in their own right, but none of them designed and built their own cars to not only win races but become top in their field of which his legacy still lives on in F1.

newtec1, Dec 2, 7:41am
This thread is about the one and only Bruce Mclaren,not all the other champions.

nzjay, Dec 2, 10:10am
Kim Newcombe and the Konig (1969). possibly one of the most amazing stories of Kiwi ingenuity and ability. So close to being world champion on a self built bike.

elect70, Dec 3, 1:32am
Hasnt the Mclaren trust got heaps of books & vids of him , probably doco already made ?

m16d, Dec 3, 5:12am
Yer true. It's about Bruce McLaren.

janbodean, Dec 3, 5:16am
I agree with you and feel sad that so many on here have nothing better to concentrate on than a wrong word or punctuation here and there. So good to be surrounded by so many Rhodes Scholars all on one site. Lucky, lucky us.

lookoutas, Dec 3, 6:05am
Yeah - he just didn't get the time to make his mark like Bruce did. An even more untimely demise than John Britton.

nzjay, Dec 3, 7:49am
Donaldson did an early documentary using film shot by Kim's wife. It's available on YouTube spread over about 8 parts. I absolutely recommend you take the time to view, an amazing story with a love twist and a very tragic ending.

pjw24, Dec 3, 7:52am
Remember Roger Freeth.

nzjay, Dec 3, 7:59am
Bruce McLaren, Graeme Mcrae, Burt Munroe and Kim Neucombe all designed, built and personally raced their own creations. with extraordinary success.
Several friends of mine left NZ as quite young men and worked for McLaren in England. His team obviously had a network going that identified young, clever motortrade workers here and made offers that were hard to refuse.