Is Christchurch money different to the rest of NZ

Page 1 / 2
differentthings, May 17, 10:47pm
Looking at a car for sale and this is what it said.
"Lastly, I will not sell this vehicle to a Christchurch buyer. This vehicle has sentimental value and prefer it sold out of my home town."

lizziep823, May 17, 10:55pm
Most people reading that would understand they have said that becasue the vehicle means to much to thm they do not wish to see it around town after its sold.

Sounds like they are needing to sell it rather than 'wanting' too

robotnik, May 17, 11:01pm
I have seen listings where sellers said they would not seller to Aucklanders before. Could it be that people in Christchurch are becoming like people in Auckland, whatever that is? Pretentious yuppie types I guess.

franc123, May 17, 11:23pm
Its got nothing to do with WHO is buying it, its about not wanting to see the car again and be reminded about it. You don't know for what reasons.

kazbanz, May 18, 12:19am
Their car their auction their rules--move to next one

clark20, May 18, 12:28am
It may have been owned by a loved one, and may not want to be reminded

twink19, May 18, 6:18am
bought my last car in Christchurch, way cheaper than Auckland prices

franc123, May 18, 7:30am
Really? Its usually the reverse.

ryanm2, May 18, 7:32am
you got lucky, as did I, I recently bought a car in Geraldine which I considered to be a good buy, especially compared to prices in the main centres.

tgray, May 18, 8:06am
LOL.
I love cars but have never had sentimental value for one.
As long as you pay me for it, you are welcome to take a sledge hammer and do as you wish for all I care.

jojo76, May 18, 8:29am
Can you put the auction number up? Is it a classic car?

wayned, May 18, 8:43am
$40k H3 Hummer

jojo76, May 18, 9:37am
There are many 'sentimental' reasons why he doesn't want to see the car again eg he might have had a family member Who has passed away and seeing the car may reminds him of his passed loved one. just saying. calling him a drop kick is a bit harsh when you don't know the circumstances.

tgray, May 18, 9:43am
For the life of me, I can't see what difference a Christchurch buyer or not could possible make.

nuberanda, May 18, 11:15am
Maybe it's because he doesn't think it can handle the Christchurch roads, and would rather it has a nice life.

morrisjvan, May 18, 12:06pm
I'd like to see it gone from chch too .

tgray, May 18, 7:43pm
I like the H2's personally.
H1 - ugly.
H3 - too small.

whqqsh, May 18, 8:11pm
I thought the same when considering selling the Jailbar, Id hate it to drive past regularly & not be in it, I see my old T-bucket around occasionally & thats pretty tough (sold it when I didn't really want to but had to)

sw20, May 18, 10:49pm
I've sold multiple cars in Christchurch in twelve years of living here. I've only ever seen one of them once again.

richardmayes, May 19, 12:11am
I like the H1 personally.

H1 = the real thing, like the ones the US army uses to impose American political policy on poor people in deserts worldwide.

H2 = a modified Chev ute with a chrome HUMMER grille for insecure people who want to pretend they're American rappers.

H3 = Holden Colorado / Rodeo / Isuzu D-Max platform with a chrome HUMMER grille for insecure people who want to pretend they're American rappers.

kazbanz, May 19, 12:32am
I have to ask now --what is the importance of the sellers specific statement to YOU?
You are based in Tauranga so in no way does this affect you.
The seller doesn't want the car to stay in the city. Their car their call.

richardmayes, May 19, 12:44am
I'd be more interested in knowing the REAL reason they want the car to leave town. An H3 Hummer just doesn't seem like the kind of car you fall in love with?

Does the vendor have a crazy ex who might attack or vandalise the car - creating a local paper scandal that will embarrass the vendor?

Any other guesses?

tgray, May 19, 1:15am
Perhaps he doesn't want 'come backs' too close to home.
The further away the better?

tgray, May 19, 1:16am
Phew, I am only one of these.

differentthings, May 19, 2:11am
Nothing really. I just find it really strange. He might as well put. If you buy this car you must wear red undies on Sunday's and Monday's.