Touch parking in Wellington region

robotnik, Oct 7, 11:39am
Today I was parked on Heriot Drive, Porirua near Bunnings. A 2011 Mini Cooper S was wedged right on to the back bumper of my Mazda 121, like they had been doing Paris style touch parking and maybe pushed my car to get into a tight space. Is this something often done around Wellington?

There doesn't seem to be any damage, but I am jolly peeved someone thought they could push my car probably just because it was old. Took lots of photos and have the number plate; can I send them to the Police or something like that? The mini was interlocked with my car's bumper.

marte, Oct 7, 12:25pm
Take it to the Police.
People think they can get away with anything as long as they ignore anything they don't want to see.

vtecintegra, Oct 7, 8:21pm
Yep happens all the time.

Even if there is damage it isn't really a Police matter, I just snap some pics and let my insurance company sort it out.

richardmayes, Oct 7, 11:32pm
Yes you get a bit of that up here. There are a lot of artists, students and civil servants here.

You get less of it if you have a tow bar. Both of our cars have tow bars.

pattym1, Oct 7, 11:35pm
in Porirua, by Bunnings? Really? I can see Heriot Drive from my office window. artists, its wall to wall artists in industrial Elsdon. bad parkers in Mini Coopers all of them.

fruitbat, Oct 7, 11:35pm
. or park strategically. Look for the best available park. Roomy or on the end, what ever. But beggars can't be choosers I suppose.

richardmayes, Oct 8, 2:42am
Probably at Bunnings to buy new curtains. They did mention the offending car was a Mini Cooper.

redhead96, Oct 8, 2:57am
Was there no white lines? (not that people know how to park correctly in them also)
I would take it down to a panel beaters just to make sure there is no damage.

tony9, Oct 8, 6:04am
It is a police matter, if the perpetrator does not contact you. Hit and run does not have to involve injury to make it illegal.

vtecintegra, Oct 8, 6:07am
Try calling and see how far you get

brummoi, Oct 8, 6:39am
What are the police going to do when there's no damage?

marte, Mar 11, 10:19am
They won't think twice about giving them a ticket next time they pull them over.
Or will just pull them over the next chance they get.

Wait for the day the Police get number plate scanners and it scans every car as they go by. If you have 'any issue' with the Police, or such, expect to get pulled over everytime you see a cop car, and more.