2x vintage cars stolen in christchurch

jamie2016, Aug 2, 8:29am
Please be on the lookout for a cream and a grey (primered) 1960 mk1 wolseley 6/99's and wolseley 6/110 that were stolen from a propertt in Halswell area between 23rd July and 29th July 2015 as they belonged to my half brother and our 6yo God daughters ashes were sitting in one of them which makes it all the more painful to deal with. We are willing to put up a reward for the safe return of these two vehicles as well as our God daughters ashes.

strobo, Aug 2, 9:03am
Cripes! any clues how they went missing? both mobile?Some info might help anyone with finding them.

jamie2016, Aug 2, 9:22am
Yes they were both mobile (rolling on wheels) . both the grey and cream one had their engine out of them and away getting fully reconditioned and the panel work in the cream one was in excellent condition but the grey one has been sanded and prepared for panel and chrome work to be commenced in the spring but what hurts the most is my 6yo god daughters ashes were hiding in the grey car

jamie2016, Aug 2, 9:29am
They were stolen between 23rd July and 29th July 2015 from the area oh Halswell in christchurch and the registration of the grey one is CGN968 and the registration of the cream one is AM7204 and we have reported them to the police as stolen and would love to have them returned to us please. We are considering offering a reward for their safe return as they have sentimental value to our family.

sifty, Aug 2, 9:53am
Not a very mainstream car. I hope they show up, and the thieving scrotes have every finger broken in the process.

trogedon, Aug 2, 11:55pm
sifty wrote:
Not a very mainstream car. I hope they show up

Strange cars to steal - especially in that condition.

elect70, Aug 3, 12:09am
Surely would bring up a red flag in Nz if they tried to sell or register them . & would need to get new engines -not exactly plentiful . bet its no random theft ,more likely to go overseas shipped out as wrecks in a container Would have needed a transporter unless they did 2 trips with trailer .

seadubya, Aug 3, 12:21am
This kind of thing makes me mad, someone is obviously trying to conserve 55 year old cars and some self entitled gobshite helps himself.
Pretty sure the 6/110 engine is also used in the Austin Healey 3000, so check around if you suspect someone has stolen for parts. There is a small chance someone may be stupid enough to remove tags and derby them too.
Fingers crossed they find their way back to their rightful home, I loved my 6/110 (sold it for $250 a long time ago).
ETA: Just noticed you still have engines, so my AH 3000 comment won't help your search, but might help if you decide to sell them on in time.

franc123, Aug 3, 1:18am
This all seems VERY suspicious, they're not something that would be targeted by just any thief given the extremely limited resale market, I'm presuming they were in a secure area not in view of the road? If this was the case who knew they were there and would be easily moveable onto a transporter? Austin Healey people tend not to be the types that would go around pilfering parts, assuming mechanical bits was what the thief was after. I hope you get them back ASAP, its a horrible thing to happen to any enthusiast.

pfemstn, Aug 3, 6:51am
check your local scrap dealer, someone could have taken them to flog off as scrap

sifty, Aug 3, 7:53am
You can't be too sure. Had a mate with a nice old MkI jag in the shed. One day he found some low-life had flogged the dash out of it.

jamie2016, Aug 5, 6:51am
I have been in contact with the scrap dealers association as well as all the towing outfits trucking firms and even taxi companies to keep their eyes and ears open so I'm truly praying for the safe return of the cars and ashes.

peja, Aug 6, 1:53am
Unusual cars to steal, extremely difficult to move on and limited resale value, not like a Skyline or Sylvia or an HSV. This seems almost personal - there are some extraordinarily evil people out there though, with limitless malice and viciousness. I cant think of any other reason.

I hope the OP finds these, and finds out who stole them and why

mad_signtist, Aug 6, 4:29am
Maybe so but that's not really helping this situation is it

gooddealz2, Sep 24, 5:39am
Bumping as these cars are still missing. Surely someone has seen them.

lookoutas, Sep 24, 5:59am
No - that was really an ignorant opinion.

gettinggrey, Sep 24, 8:54am
They are solid old buggers.
Maybe stolen to make a derby car?

peja, Sep 24, 9:05am
Edit - just realised no engines in these - the most valuable part. Even stranger. Really looks like pure evil / malice in that case

franc123, Sep 24, 9:09am
Now I read this again the OP said they were rolling shells minus the engines? It wasn't what the thief was looking for.

peja, May 8, 3:07am
Bump for OP