Car theft Christchurch - Memorial Ave

timpilot, Mar 27, 2:20am
For the first time ever I parked my car on Memorial Ave near Christchurch Airport. I got back at 0100 to find it had been stolen. What I have just discovered is that there are crims stealing 4WDs from that location on a very regular basis and then "re birthing" them. Be warned. Anyone buying a 1994 blue manual 3.0l Hilux Surf, it could be mine.

zephyrheaven, Mar 27, 4:05am
Its an epidemic, a mate had his blue manual 3.0 surf stolen a few weeks back not far from there - police seem to be powerless, nobody knows where they end up - big ring by the sounds, good luck finding it though.

pettal, Mar 27, 4:38am
Properly already in a container on route to The middle east for ISIS to mount machine gun turrets on .

timpilot, Mar 27, 5:50am
Are "bait cars" illegal in NZ? Would be a good spot for one.

likit, Mar 27, 6:53am
Sons 1991 Primera stolen from there end of last year, found at Roberts Rd, had to be written off.

gunsmoke4, Mar 27, 7:03am
Have you checked the Cranford st taliban?

franc123, Mar 27, 7:31am
You wouldn't leave any of those vehicles anywhere in Chch without taking appropriate precautions, 90's Jap 4x4's have been targeted Canterbury wide for a long time now and its pretty common knowledge, its also common knowledge that at least some of them are being exported. I'd hate to be trying to legitimately sell one, some sellers get interrogated thoroughly about the vehicles origins its that bad.

mals69, Mar 27, 8:31am
Its been going on for few years now

next-to-normal, Mar 29, 12:06am
and not one sting operation,gps is a wonderful thing,

motorboy2011, Mar 29, 12:50am
I see a disproportionate number of "my car has been stolen" to "GPS recovered my car" posts. Sad fact is people generally don't prepare themselves for the worst, myself included.

vtecintegra, Apr 7, 1:43pm
Personally I'd rather not have a stolen car back - that's what insurance is for