Saga continues. ASTRA COIL PACK

Page 2 / 2
strobo, Aug 15, 6:12pm
This is the new era mate ,There is a huge market in after new vehicle sales,it's called the parts department sales . probably more raked in from parts in after sales service than whats got from actual vehicle sales. is the prive price you pay for technology ,ie heated seats, electric steering,electric powered mirrors! all for lazy buggers .The more technology the more it costs and bigger the income for the big multi megacorps.

intrade, Aug 15, 6:18pm
the saab also have a similar coil pack whole bank. cant swap out you can see in my video how i tested it.

strobo, Aug 15, 6:26pm
Fair enough intrade if it helps you in the fix good and well ;-) Iv'e been doing it my way for a number of years ,and only go down a path that I know will bring best results.I've tried the tech path it it stinks,a complete guide only to what system is in question and that's about it. Is a bit like Eeny, meeny, miny, moe . replace expensive parts that don't need doing ,Just to line up with the scan tool diagnostic protocol.When i go home from work ,wanna be thinking about other stuff like beer ,whats for dinner and beach babes.If it is out of my realm i outwork it to specialized auto electrical after iv'e made a good assessment.Im blardy done with gameboys tools , sitting useless in storage now they just cost unnecessary money.

strobo, Aug 15, 6:29pm
That's right , saab engine without wings./ aircraft motor .Nearly said that earlier in the posts but someone would think I'm nuts lol

intrade, Aug 15, 6:38pm
the problem is the newer it gets the more hideen the problems are did you ever see the video on a bmw with no start due to a fried chip inside the doorhandle?
You dont have to replace components the issue is if it takes 20h to proof a component is not faulty . no one is going to pay for that time The astra has almost nothing to go wrong compaired to more modern cars.If somone thinks that was a lot to replace you aint seen nothing then.
i was reading thru a repair for a sprinter van i was going to maybe buy. They did fix all symptoms but not the cause for 11 grand.
it still goes in limp home and on end it states fuel injector range borderine. I bet you bottom doller one or more injector ar foobar that cause the blocked dpf and all the rest of the repair and stuff that was not faulty like aother secounhand high pressure pump while it probably dumped the pressure on the faulty injector with smoke that you would not see thanks to the dpf.
Dont know what i should tell the guy.
It neds all new injector and potentially a engine due to boorwash= its worth scrap money to me.

strobo, Aug 15, 6:41pm
And that's exactly why I had reiterated a system in question .go figure the outcome.I can find a " system in question" with out using a scan tool.comes with experience.And hereafter just poke and test a few parts that i think suspect.make some intelligent deductions all done before you pull the scan tool when you find it lol and the bag ,then plug in ya lap top ,after recharging battery's from the day before ,while watching a utube hit on astras etc etc,BY then I'm in in the lunch room looking at preety chic calender's 1/2 hr later see you going to break when ive already had smoko and back into ;-) Right there 1hrs labour discount or bonus for said customer. Agree with you though nothing too complex on an astra and good to work on.best to sight and prove the faulty part before buying a new part .what ever spins your wheels in finding the fault is inmaterial as long as it's proven and not guess work.whether its a scan tool or done from good ground work .The golden expectations ;Time is an important issue for both the repairer and customer and cost both ways

strobo, Aug 15, 7:16pm
And that's why I insist on pump replacement ,! If the inline filter in front of the pump is that restricted don't forget there is also a micro filter in the base of the pump too in the tank too so if the craps getting through that to the inline filter other side of the pump then the pump has had a guts full of crap!Think about it.Filter is always a good place to start.as with ops could well be coil packs electrical etc bogging down when revs are put on.Coils do break down under load but all 4 of them ?Work out first if it's electrical or fuel related or may have both problems . scan will show other faults as a consequence .I don't think Op wants to muck his time with it to be honest.

sw20, Aug 15, 11:00pm
Mid ‘90s Corolla GL hatch. The GL has the 1.6 4AFE engine that is injected rather than the XL with the 1.3 carb 2E engine. They have zero safety features beyond seatbelts though. Tidy ones are still a smart looking little car 25 years on. They were certainly the de jure second car for the middle class back in the day,

gph1961, Aug 16, 6:21am
They have a tooter.Thats a safety feature.