COF B Question.

modie61, Jan 18, 3:42am
Does a buckled wheel on a truck fail the inspection !

chris_051, Jan 18, 4:15am
If its obvious. Chances are they wont pick it up.

berg, Jan 18, 7:59am
Under 10-1-3 of the VIRM it states a reason for failure being significent distortion. Define significent.
What's it on and what sort of damage

modie61, Jan 18, 8:55am
Its on the front of a truck i was behind today,bloody wobble as. Comes down to whether it has a current cof i suppose,but yea pretty scary looking,real cab shaker.

rocky0169, Jan 18, 8:58am
Does it rip ya hands off when you aply the brakes! if you can see its buckled toss it

modie61, Jan 18, 9:02am
Dunno,not mine,thank god.
Usually see it with a house on the trailer.

chris_051, Jan 18, 9:43am
may have been an artillery type wheel nut set up where the wheel is held on by wedges between the rim and nuts, tyre guys are good at chucking it all togther and rattling them up no worries, while tightening the wheel nuts you usually need a can of brake cleen etc close to the wheel and rotate it to check for run out.

modie61, Jan 18, 6:26pm
Ok chris,do these wheels have what look like about 4 or 5 large spokes,if you know what i mean !

modie61, Jan 18, 11:06pm
Yea the red ones are the same i think.

modie61, Jan 18, 11:10pm
Lol,went past the weigh station this morning,there were 2 house buses parked up the road waiting for them to close i guess they were sitting on the side of the road just out of sight of the guys on the station,doing their inspections.
Also more than normal amount of heavy trucks onthe Paekakariki Road about 8am too.

berg, Jan 19, 1:58am
Chris051 will be onto it if they are artillary hubs. Can you remember who's truck! My guess if it carries houses its Brittons (white and yellow).
Didn't see the two busses but that's OK as there was other fish to fry.
On subject of wheels, mix of standard steel wheels on some cars and some with a wider profile that they tell me are a Aus rim off their utes. Not sure on that bit. More digging required

modie61, Jan 19, 3:00am
Thanks berg,ive gone the alloy wheel way.
#25 truck.
I felt sorry for the driver,im sure he was hanging on with 2 hands on 1 side of the wheel,lol.
I was just keen to get past it.

chris_051, Jan 19, 3:38am
Those bastards are good at sitting there at that time, the last thing ya need when trying to make the 8am ferry.

berg, Jan 19, 6:34am
Bastards! No, I think all of them are from married parents.