OK Car insurance question !

ggf1xa, Nov 19, 5:53am
a car hit me today coming out of a Round about he swerved to come across the lane and hit my front passenger and back door, we where almost past him then he planted it and try to get across in front of me, way to late, is he at fault or me ! and also my car doesn't have a wof or rego. so I know the insurance won't cover me to be fixed but if he is at fault because I have no WOF or Reg. ! will his insurance say it is my fault !

bitsy_boffin, Nov 19, 8:58am
WOF and vehicle licence (REG) make NO difference.Read the Insurance Law Reform Act, it is illegal for insurers to decline simply on the basis of wof or vehicle licence.Go to YOUR insurance company and make a claim, give them his deatils.If you are not insured, then get quotes and send them, you have no relationship with his insurance company unless he defers to them, and you have no contract with them whatever the case.

horsepower7, Nov 19, 9:06am
yea id say they would blame you as your car shouldnt have been on the road.gutted.

gunhand, Nov 19, 9:11am
Were the police called! They would have sorted the blame out for you. If I was involved in any kind of prang involving another party its always best to call them, You just cant take people on there word you see.

bitsy_boffin, Nov 19, 10:00am
If you plow into somebody side on because you didn't see a red light and carried right through it at warp factor nine, does the other driver get blamed because their vehicle licence was out of date!

No.

budgel, Nov 19, 7:03pm
It is unclear to me as to which car was coming off the roundabout.

Were they both on the roundabout!

A car on a roundabout has right of way over one entering the roundabout.

It sounds as if the other car may have made an illegal lane change.

Draw an accurate diagram of the event, it soon becomes apparent who has right of way.If you werent on the roundabout, being hit on that side tends to put the blame on you.

Do you have a licence! you seem unsure of the rules of the road.

warmbloodluva, Nov 19, 10:28pm
I was on the inside lane of the round about had been past one Rd so well and truely inside he cmae on from that Rd we went past the next turn off bit I think he tried to change lanes and just didn't see me he put his foot down as I seen him speed up and at the last minute I seen his indicator only just as he was only just beside me I swerved onto the round about to get away from him he still hit me :0( yes have had my licence for over 20 years thanks have my HT to so I do know how to drive etc tow horsefloats almost eveyr day so a very experienced drive I think he just sped up to get to the inside lane cause he was in the wrong lane and just didn't see me OMG I was in a BIG 4x4 not a small car :0( but the thing I want to know is, do the insurance company call me at fault for no WOF etc !

crzyhrse, Nov 19, 10:59pm
My guess is that the OP was in the right lane of a roundabout and upon exiting straight lined into the left lane of the exit road instead of remaining in the right hand lane as they should and the driver of the other vehicle wrongly assumed the OP was a good driver and would go to the correct right hand lane (the fool) and had already committed to the left turn.

crzyhrse, Nov 19, 11:05pm
Still not a clear concise description of the event. Try using punctuation and paragraphs.
No. That isn't material unless a fault that prevented it obtaining in-service certification was a contributing factor.

The insurance co. might initially decline a claim, as always, but you need to stick to your guns. As someone mentioned earlier, Insurance Law Reform Act 1977.

warmbloodluva, Mar 22, 4:48pm
I was on the inside lane of the round about had been past one Rd so well and truely inside, he came on from that Rd, we went past the next turn off bit. I think he tried to change lanes and just didn't see me, he put his foot down as I seen him speed up and at the last minute I seen his indicator only just, as he was only just beside me. I swerved onto the round about to get away from him he still hit me :0( yes have had my licence for over 20 years thanks, have my HT to, so I do know how to drive etc tow horsefloats almost every day so a very experienced driver, I think he just sped up to get to the inside lane cause he was in the wrong lane and just didn't see me, OMG I was in a BIG 4x4 not a small car :0( but the thing I want to know is, do the insurance company call me at fault for no WOF etc !