Friggen petrol in Thames again, $2.24.9/L

johnf_456, Jun 26, 10:03am
96 still exists.

snoopy221, Jun 26, 10:20am
She's a bugga when ya end up feedin the troll
(Petrol companies)_LOL

neville48, Jun 26, 10:25am
Gull in Palmerston Northregular, $1.99/ litre.

snoopy221, Jun 26, 10:31am
Meh thought FUEL wise ya_d run a a .a um
D_cell.Ya KNOW a god damn fush n chip oil drinkin machine.
Actually don't think they EVER made a factory diesel panel did they fish!
(Damn good question dat_)

snoopy221, Jun 26, 10:32am
Dam_n stupi_d keyboard must need a cleam
n.

aktow, Jun 26, 1:31pm
thames petrol stations are privately owned.a boycott was mentioned but typical new zealanderwill not support the boycott.my suggestion to the people of thames is,,, not to buy any thing except fuel from a petrol station.
petrol stations make more profit from groceries than fuel.if every one stopped buying groceries from petrol stations ,,, they would slowly go broke. they would not have enough money to pay for any products , milk would go off etc. start a campaign,drop fuel prices or we won;t buy any of your groceries,, milksmokes etc

intrade, Jun 26, 9:12pm
yes you can by fitting lpg fuel injection kit . lpg is not risen as much as petrol 1.2$ per liter and with fsi injected gas you only use 2% more lpg then the engine uses petrol.
I would fit a large as possibile lpg tank and then only use 98 octane fuel from petrolstation that have that and a tank petrol will last you 2 month that way with dualfuel.

neville48, Jun 27, 7:26am
my supermarket docket can get me up to 25 cents off, mostly 6 - 10 cents off, betcha the fuel card dont come anywhere near that !

toybox, Jun 27, 8:38am
I agree Fish, I never fuel up here and if I do I only buy 10 bucks worth, enough to get me to paeroa BP, it is the cheapest around.

grangies, Jun 27, 9:21am
The fuel tankers have to make a special trip to Thames and the entire Coromandel Peninsula.

There's nowhere there for them to refill their tankers and sell more on further.

1fordluva, Jun 27, 9:23am
Oh fish,fish ,fish.we pay $1.36 a ltr,and for 98 its a $1.56 lol.
But for a cruise night its costing me about $50 as the right foot gets excited lol.

johnf_456, Jun 27, 11:16pm
Yup 96 is long gone

moosie_21, Jun 28, 1:03am
Just for your guys info, excise tax on alcohol is going up on alcohol to a maximum of 6.2% on some products so my boss informs me. Just another raise in the long line of them. Damn the recession and earthquakes!

johnf_456, Jun 28, 1:06am
No different to you're own comment what have you added other than.
Its not john either, johnf_456. Perhaps practice what you preach, what have you got to add.
Thanks

I will also make a comment now, that sure is expensive fuel op. But the only thing you can really do is limit you're top ups and fill up else where.

elect70, Jun 28, 1:21am
The caltex 1 t Mangatangi on way to Kaiauaclosedlast yearnearly got caught outso turned around & went back toMaramaruaaswasnt sure if the 1 at Kaiaua would still be there . Way its going there will be no fuel in small towns,cant take the risk .

dagwood1, Jun 28, 2:33am
I thought it was only Coromandel town itself that was bad and got caught in Thames once. It will only be the once.
Very happy to support Gull in Whitianga. Nice people, well run forecourt when it turns into a zoo at Christmas and seem reasonably well priced so it can't be delivery costs causing the problem.

fryan1962, Jun 28, 8:20pm
Mellisa 2000 first hello I moved to Thames 12 mnth ago and thought id support local stations crazy me.I did read in local papers complaints about prices.after tv story ill buy in Ngatea or Auckland as I am up there a lot.do you guys have laws on price fixing like we do in Australia as it sounds like a classic case of it too me

3tomany, Jun 28, 8:29pm
no one pays ruc up here theres hardly a speedo connected and the latest trick is to buy an older diesol for local driving which never gets ruc or wof and a cheap petrol car for just goin to town

johnf_456, Jun 28, 8:30pm
Thats good hopefully someone in law enforcement sees this and does a blitz on it.

3tomany, Jun 28, 8:35pm
the local cops know but only come when a serious crime is commited and they are to busy doing that and unregistered cars would not be a good use of there time

m16d, Jun 29, 3:53am
91 gas in Thames today.Mobil $2.09.9Caltex $2.14.9BP $2.11.9
Shell in Ngatea $2.05.9

toybox, Aug 14, 5:01pm
I will be fillingup with diesel in Paeroa on Friday using my 25c fuel docket.Might even take my large petrol container as well for the other vehicle.