Petrol tanker driver pay rates.

v8_mopar, Nov 12, 6:51pm
Starting at $60,000 and could be up to 50-60 hours per week. If you show you know what you are doing the pay rate will go up fast, like another 20-30 k for the best.

Starting in aus $90 +k

shazza541, Nov 12, 6:53pm
$~28p/h+

big.b-lil.c, Nov 12, 9:27pm
usually start $25-30 per hour but shift work 3 day shifts then 3 night shifts then 3 days off. you don't always drive the same truck so can get in and find someones mess, something i hate. the trucks are well maintained faults are fixed before shifts start unlike some other operators.

jenny188, Nov 12, 10:02pm
crzyhrse wrote:
Thanks guys. There's been mention of bonuses and several pay reviews in the first year but no specifics.

Start is $65k, 4x 12h days on 0500-1700, 2 days off, repeating. That's 2920h/year which comes back to $22.26/h. He's already getting $20/h .

2920 hours per year equates to a 56 hour week. figures for 40 hours plus 16 hours overtime at 1.5 rate (time and a half) gives a base pay rate of $19 per hour. Talk it out between you. if he doesn't accept the job, the next guy to come along will probably do so.Life style choice!

s.patete, Nov 13, 12:02am
My brother in law has just quit a very similar roll, he was getting paid 25-30 per hour and pulling in 2500 on an off fortnight.His shifts were 3 days 3 nights 3 off.He managed about 6 months before packing it in for a mon to fri $18 per hour driving job as he has young kids as well.He never saw them or wife and had no life outside of work.Health deteriated as well.2 weeks into new job and hes a different person.He chose to have a life over $ and seems to be paying off in other ways.

jenny188, Nov 13, 2:04am
A weekend off together every 7 or 8 weeks! Makes your weekends very busy if you have kids, sports and other commitments.

bleetbleet, Nov 13, 2:22am
i've been doing 3,3,3 shift for about 12 years driving differant fuel tankers and yes the shift isnt family friendly.the only thing its got going for it is any appointments that need to be made can be done on your days off(not that that counts for much)was doing single shift for a while and beleive it or not it was worth about 10k a year more!not hard pshyicaly but very fatigueing

bleetbleet, Nov 13, 2:34am
sorry should point out that doing 3,3,3 shift -because the shift rotates ,meanig you dont always get the same days of the week off,your pay roster rotates as well.this means that one week you get 4 days pay,then next week 4 days,then 4 days,then 5 days ,then 6 days before it starts back on 4 days again.another pain in the butt aspect

likit, Feb 26, 12:11pm
I do a 3,3,3 shift pattern but don't have young kids now,youngest is 15.Have said to friends I would never do this job if I had a young family but, at my stage in life in works great