Petrol prices increased once again

ninja_man, Jun 15, 9:24pm
what happend to the government saying the high NZ dolar would lower the cost of petrol! what a load of BS

iman007, Jun 15, 9:27pm
i was paying 1.67 for diesel a few weeks ago, now 1.47 litre.I remember when it used to cost me $18 to fill my hilux, around 1996!

ninja_man, Jun 15, 9:29pm
yeah, around 5 years ago gas was around 99c per litre, dam i wish it was still like that. cars and bike are getting way too expensive to run now,

intrade, Jun 15, 9:30pm
yea lol 1996 i remember when i could not get a car wash with my fuel because you get carwash discount for 20$ fuel spent and i also only managed to fit 19$ in when it was fully below E. also i do recall the fuel was cheaper south of auckland by another 3 cent back then.
and in 1990 we used to pay what 80 cent for petrol per liter.

intrade, Jun 15, 9:32pm
its not even 5 years ago 2 year ago diesel was 1.20$ qand with the 20 cent per liter off supermarket docket i got me 100 liter for 1.0$ again back then.
What bugs me is that lpg here is such a huge ripoff just like food in the supermarket.

iman007, Jun 15, 9:39pm
tank was 60 litre and diesel .50 cents!

flat_white_ltd, Jun 15, 9:48pm
late '90's. price of coffee beans nearly doubled one year because of some crop failure
.cost of beans is only a fraction of cost of a flat white.
BUT everyone around the world ended up paying nearly double for a flat white,
because everyone knew "cost" had doubled
Utter B.S. .BUT the cost of a flatwhite remains to this day at around $4
.& aint going down anytime soon.

the point !
face it. petrol ain't never gonna be $1/ litre ever again.
.because we're adjusting already to the hideous "temporary" price spikes.

r15, Jun 15, 9:51pm
meanwhile the fuel companies (not the retailers) continue to make profits from nz each year with so many 0's on the end i cant even name the number

solution: become a fuel company - they all had to start somewhere

mrfxit, Jun 15, 10:15pm
Me in my hotted up 105E Anglia use to cost $5 from Hawera to Paeroa, low flying (as we did back then)

spead, Jun 15, 10:43pm
it dropped a few weeks back so stop moaning

intrade, Jun 16, 3:54am
na 50 liter and diesel was 48 cent or there abouts
i sometimes managed to get 20 bux worth in but that was dangerous as heck as diesel need bleeding so i usually did not wish to gamblecould fit about 38 liter usually when i filled on the save side

iman007, Jun 16, 3:57am
had hiluxes for 16 odd years, im pretty certain they have all been 60 litre tanks.I stand to be corrected though!

intrade, Jun 16, 3:59am
i never said it was a hilux i had a 1982 bluebird petrol converted to diesel back then

iman007, Jun 16, 4:16am
no, i said earlier i had a hilux with 60 litre tank, oh, wtf

phillip.weston, Jun 16, 4:36am
I thought I noticed an increase at BP today when I filled up! those pr*cks are always the first to hike up their price, as soon as there is even a chance of the price of oil increasing, but they take their sweet time lowering the price back down again, with all sorts of bullshit excuses why they didn't do it earlier.

iman007, Jun 18, 5:16pm
my faves caltex, the doris's that work there are quite tidy units. imho