Seat belt. Anyone have any ideas on full cost to replace front seatbelt on a 1999 japo odyssey thanks

Page 1 / 2
ianalice1, Aug 14, 3:44am
Anyone have any ideas on full cost to replace front seatbelt, on a 1999 Japo Odyssey. Thanks.

mugenb20b, Aug 14, 3:49am
$200 give or take.

kazbanz, Aug 14, 4:49am
Give strong for honda a call in the morning --I suspect Mugen is pretty close.Do check what color it is. Black,grey,tan or brown are the usual options.
Installation of a seatbelt in something that age is pretty easy. Youll need a 10mm spanner. A 14mm spanner and a small flat bladed scre3wdriver.
Dont fall for the old trap of undooing bolts before you remove the plastic trim. Start with the door sill front and rear then the lower pillar trim THEN undo the bolts.

ianalice1, Aug 14, 4:58am
Thanks, guys. Is that complete cost! Because of my health I can no longer do such things. As much as I hate being able to.

kazbanz, Aug 14, 5:06am
Ianadd about 50 bucks for installation.,
How often are you in auckland!

ianalice1, Aug 14, 5:07am
Auckland! Not much now. Lived there for 25 years, before we saw the light and moved to Papamoa!

kazbanz, Aug 14, 5:18am
Ahh ok-I thought if ya wanna just come say gidday with the belt i'd put it in for ya

ianalice1, Aug 14, 9:08am
Thanks. Appreciate the offer. Similar to fit, as a Toilet seat! Had a few problems with our seat.

jmma, Aug 14, 9:31am

johnf_456, Aug 14, 9:33am
LOL ^

robbo36, Aug 14, 9:37am
Go see Dave at Bayfair Panelworx in Owens Place across the railway tracks from the Bayfair Shopping Centre. Dave is a good bloke and will help you out with fitting your seatbelt.

kazbanz, Aug 14, 11:54pm
Ianalice-- I was phoning strong for honda anyway so I got a quote for you for a seatbelt.front drivers side. They said $100 plus freight plus gst. If you call them refer to quote number 574199 (thats their reference number) and theyll know what you are on about. You will need to confirm the color of the belt though

ianalice1, Aug 15, 1:17am
Thanks, will do

ianalice1, Aug 15, 1:18am
Thank you. I emailed them, yesterday and as yet no received price.

ianalice1, Aug 15, 9:15am
Rec quote of $130.50 fright and GST inclusive. Not bad, is it!

tractor9, Aug 15, 9:29am
Might be a bit much for the fright, but the rest sounds a good deal.

ianalice1, Aug 19, 7:18am
Hi guys. Well went in for wof and refused, seatbelt. Went to seatbelt place and he said $200, brand new and fitted. With the Strong one, he said he'd fit it about$50 $60. He said he has had problems with belts arriving that don't fit and you have to send back, etc. I rang a few wreckers, this arvo and got no where. I'll check out Dave at Bayfair Panelworx in Owens Place on Monday.

kazbanz, Aug 19, 7:29am
sorry Ian but with odysseys thats utter rubbish. But frankly $200 for a BRAND NEW belt sounds a good deal to me in all honesty.
But 1 hours labour seems pretty steep for a 10 minute fitting job
-and YES I do know exactly how long it takes

thejazzpianoma, Aug 19, 7:57am
Brent at "The Garage" (actually called that) would also be a good option for fitting if you have no luck with Dave, and also handy to you being at Papamoa. I don't think he would mind if you bought your own belt in for them to fit either. He is really good and extremely fair and honest, hes also very careful not to damage trim with that sort of work.
He may or may not be a bit run off his feet though as I know his worker was off sick earlier this week.

ianalice1, Aug 19, 9:30pm
The guy was saying that he "will" fit the part but has had problems with the supplied part not being correct. Causing xtra delays and cost. So yes, I feel $200 is okay. That's what we spend on food, approx. for 4 adults a fortnight. So wife said we use food money and trust in the Lord. Sounds good, to me. Ian

ianalice1, Aug 19, 9:31pm
Thank, Alex. Long time no hear ;)

ianalice1, Aug 22, 1:13am
Re: kazban, above. Got seatbelt done, today. When he pulled old one out he said was a nasty cheap one that, frays the edges and the clamp frays the belt. Not too happy, about that. Main thing is, it's done and we legal for another 6 months. Moan.

thejazzpianoma, Aug 22, 1:59am
Glad your all sorted ianalice.

ianalice1, Aug 22, 10:36pm
Does anyone know of a better place that we should be going for our servicing and WOF's, in the Papamoa area!
It is just so stressful, every-time we take our car in, for her warrant.

There's gota be a better way ;(

We get our servicing done, at a place in town, but they never seem to pickup things that could come up, at warrant times.
As some will know, my health is not good, and this extra stress takes it toll.

Thanks for any info and or advice,

Ian

ianalice1, Aug 23, 8:11pm
Anyone! Please!