2011 VW POLO/GTI

siobhan41, Jun 22, 7:10am
Test drove the new 1.2l turbo Polo today and what a fun car for something so small and such a small engine.
Think I will buy one but really wanted to drive the GTI but would have to preorder and wait till Sept next year for delivery :(

bae13, Jun 22, 7:13am
my feelings are the vw/audi are the best of the european cars,
A, to work on,
B, price of parts,
C, looks
a gti polo would be nice, ive always wanted the latest model r32 golf, but id take a gti golfanyday

ringo2, Jun 22, 7:18am
Mate of jazzpianoma are you!

siobhan41, Jun 22, 7:31am
No Ringo what would you suggest I test drive under 35k in the small car bracket!.

carstauranga001, Jun 22, 7:37am
I'll get you one sooner

siobhan41, Jun 22, 7:56am
I assume this would be importing Ex Japan!.
How would the Spec differ from NZ and I guess no factory warranty would apply!.

carstauranga001, Jun 22, 8:04am
I'd need to talk to my Japanese agent. First thing to check is whether it works financially, poss not on brand new. I just find it rediculous that you have been told delivery is over a year away.

siobhan41, Jun 22, 8:17am
One VW agent seems to think it's because of supply of some electrics from Japan and another said that a market as small as NZ can only get a certain number each year.

carstauranga001, Jun 22, 8:20am
You are welcome to email me off my listing if you would like me to make enquiries.

siobhan41, Jun 22, 6:52pm
no problem have done this.

siobhan41, Jun 23, 1:35am
Well popped out to North Shore VW today and got fantastic service and have now paid a deposit and have a GTI Polo arriving in November this year.
Some how they were able to do what the other two dealers couldn't till end of next year.

thejazzpianoma, Jun 23, 1:39am
Top work!
Excellent choice and so refreshing to hear from someone who has gone out, done the research and bought a car that is proper value for money and not just old technology wrapped up in a fancy part dress.
Happy motoring!

siobhan41, Jun 23, 1:42am
Thanks Jazz
Was hard to buy a car without testing driving it.
We were very happy with the way the TSI performed and now hoping the GTI is a big step up and worth the wait.
We could have driven out with the TSI today.

carstauranga001, Jun 24, 10:51pm
Have sent you an e-mail. Sorry didn't check this untill now. Well done.

siobhan41, Jun 25, 3:39am
Thanks Bryce.
I have dropped you an email as I'm also after a 250gt/300gt.

fordcrzy, Jun 25, 9:56am
those polo gti's look friggen awesome for a small car. about as a gressive as a shopping trolley can get. of course a fiat 500 esse esse is damn cool too but out of your budget.

siobhan41, Sep 19, 3:34am
4 more weeks and the GTI arrives the wait has been painful.

scotty20001, Sep 19, 3:41am
great cars, just wait untill cr-v driving tossers like mayes get wind of this thread.

richard198, Sep 19, 3:43am
You ordered a car without driving one!
What if you don't like it when it arrives!
Skoda make a better VW.

richardmayes, Sep 19, 5:11am
Ceiling cat is watching you pontificate.

siobhan41, Sep 19, 5:37am
Drove the TSI and drove the Golf GTI butif I don't like it it can be sold rather easily I imagine but can't see me not liking if the reviews are anything to go by.
I couldn't see anything new under 30k that I would rather have.
Current waiting list is till April next year.

scotty20001, Nov 8, 5:06pm
right on cue mayes, hows your shitbox fleet going!