Feet on Dash, front seat passenger - How Unsafe!

mcscottwgtn, Oct 11, 4:04am
Sometimes you see passengers with their feet on the dash in other motors. Wondering how grievous the injuries would be in an accident. Maybe they just slip out of their belts, assuming they are wearing it, and get a nasty wack, followed by death. Or maybe they just double up, followed by death. Anyone heard of someone in an accident while seated in that fashion!

twink19, Oct 11, 4:08am
if they were invloved in a crash, usually they would loose both legs, plus all the other injuries,

mcscottwgtn, Oct 11, 4:11am
You reackon the legs go throu the screen and you loss them! Looks a tad half witted to be in a car like that.

rob_man, Oct 11, 4:18am
Maybe they're better off cushioning themselves with their legs up to a point.
I've also learned how to spell lose wrong in two different ways.

mcscottwgtn, Oct 11, 4:21am
My private schoolling did me proude

weaver2010, Oct 11, 4:22am
Yes have attended an accident where the person had there feet proped up on the dash.Like all accidents it depends on a few factors as to how bad the injuries can be.Ironically whiplash is less likely in this position.

phillip.weston, Oct 11, 4:23am
would hate to think how the legs will fold up in relation to the body in an accident in a car with air bags.

loonee-dial-111, Oct 11, 5:02am
I know of an accident where the passenger had their feet on the dash and were better off as a result.

tigra, Oct 11, 5:14am
Well! There's always one in a thousand

mk3zephyr, Oct 11, 5:16am
I know of an accident where the passenger had their feet on the dash and wasnt better off as a result.18 years of child maintenance lol

mrfxit, Dec 29, 1:14am
Mmm feet on dash or not .
Possiblitys > >>
Feet on = broken legs /hips/ feet/ ankles /knee's/ dislocated hops/ legs shredded from going through windscreen
Reasons being = instinctive to push when sliding forwards / air bags pushing upwards or against the feet