Dodgy car auction

gemma165, Nov 22, 10:13pm
dodgey i would say cos i would answer questions straight away if your trying to sell it. well thats my thoughts anyway

sifty, Nov 22, 10:21pm
It appears that way doesn't it.

a.woodrow, Nov 22, 10:22pm
Thats what I thought too. I know it's always buyer beware etc but in this case it may not be picked up and someone could end up driving around unknowingly in an unsafe car.

It wouldn't surprise me if trademe ban me after this expose as I have already had three warnings :(

kazbanz, Nov 22, 10:52pm
Mind you it also may come across as sour grapes. You asked a lot of questions in the origonal auction so they will know you know the car.
Probably best to have someone else ask a more open generic type question and see if they respond

a.woodrow, Nov 22, 10:55pm
Yeah could do - I was only bidding for the drivetrain in the original auction as the chassis repair done properly is a major - you are supposed to replace the rail. But I see there are a couple of other questions unanswered as well, so I wonder if they have been spotted by others.

jcwholesale, Nov 22, 11:08pm
With all due respect, you dropped out of the bidding race and how do you know how bad the rust was! It could have been like some Falcons, and been a very minor repair. These are things we just don't know. I think your question sounds more like sour grapes to me, rather than warning the public. He may have even been around and checked it, you don't know. Put it another way, what if you bought it, saw it only would only cost say $500.00 to repair, giving you an opportunity to make $3000.00, then was asked the question you did. mmmmmmm. An auction killer question that, you know.

a.woodrow, Mar 31, 9:45pm
The original auction had pictures of the rust, and the rust issue is a known problem in vt commodores - not a minor repair and if hes repaired it that's fine, but he should say so. I don't care if he makes money off it, but not at the expense of someones safety