Free puncture repairs.

Page 1 / 2
friendly_prawn, Nov 24, 10:15am
got a puncture the other day and happend to remember the Tony's tyre service where they say free puncture repairs for life. I thought had to be some gimmick but nothing to loose. chucked on the spare and drove on down to their shop.Sure enough,fixed the punctured, balanced the wheel, the blackened all my tyres for me, give my windows a wash all round. Then sent me on my way no cost. I kept thinking where's the catch.and no, I have nothing to do with their business. Not even sure if I'll go back when i need a set of tyres.MIght, might not. I know I'll definitely go back if I get another flatty though. :-)

a18a, Nov 24, 10:16am
wish there was one of those up here

friendly_prawn, Nov 24, 10:22am
funny thing was the shop was empty of customers. They had no business on. You would think with service like that, they would have been busy as.

solarboy, Nov 24, 11:19am
You're in trouble now lovely boy !They're a front for an Italian white slave racket headed by a guy named Antonio (Tony for short).They have your licence plate number now so they can find out where you live if they like the look of you.Be careful out there, they may be parked outside our house rught now !

ginga4lyfe, Nov 24, 11:25am
bagh! Rubbish, they dont need to do that, they slapped a GPS tracker under his bumper, thats the new method

solarboy, Nov 24, 11:44am
Yeah, come to think of it little radio transmitters go back decades, like in an old Bond movie or the Brit Professionals tv programme. Just keep an eye on your rearview mirror fp - they'll be driving a Fiat Multipla likely as not !

friendly_prawn, Nov 24, 6:38pm
Tony who owns tony tyres place is a chick. And she's a real honey.
So you reckon she might be going to kidnap me and rape me!
wooohoooo, I just got another flat tyre. lol

redslapper, Nov 24, 6:40pm
i payed $40 to fix my flat tyre at beaurepairs, what a rip off that was

blackdotlova, Nov 25, 4:09am
Na its just cheap on the the job training for the new staff

bevharris1938, Nov 25, 4:16am
firestone do the same as tonys

chito, Nov 25, 4:19am
Most people think there's a catch and don't trust the advertising. Did they take your ph, address email addy, etc!

friendly_prawn, Nov 25, 5:03am
hiya chito. No they never.I had my eyes wide open looking for the catch. I thought it might be, your tyres stuffed, you need a new one.
But no, no catches what so ever. Unless they took down my rego number and use that to mail me junk.I would have no problem with that if they keep their word and give me free puncture repairs for life. :-)

noswalg, Nov 25, 5:26am
strangely enough the tony's tyres chain was started by a guy called steve, could never really work that out. Owned by bridgestone now though.

moosie_21, Nov 25, 5:40am
Wow, one of the exceptions to the rule. Are you trying to wind up again FP!

motorway, Nov 25, 5:57am
Did they give you a free sticker too!

kingfisher21, Nov 25, 6:14am
Tonys are owned by Bridgestone Firestone NZ!

friendly_prawn, Nov 25, 7:16am
nope honest to god ridgey didgey.
They do ask if they are allowed to put a sticker on your back window though. wasnt keen on it and would normally say no, but under the cirucmstances and it was only a little sticker. And my cars a heap anyway. lolsTicker wasnt forced on me, they asked if I was ok with it being put on.

drew2009, Nov 25, 7:50am
Yeah i wonder how tonys make money sometimes.
I bought road damage insurance for $10 a tyre so if i run over a nail or something they replace it with a new one for free. Sure enough was at the scrapyard the other week and it happened. New tyre same day no probs, wished id punctured em both!

a.woodrow, Nov 25, 8:00am
I met Steve once he was a guest speaker at a training function. The first tyre shop he bought was owned by a guy called tony, hence "tony's tyres" For various reasons he continued to trade under the same name. When he started to expand, the name was becoming more well known, and he didn't want to change it and lose custom. He was a really interesting guy to talk to, he talked a bit about their business plan etc. He said one of the real reasons they were so successful is they followed a whatever it takes to make the customer happy approach. Told us a story of when they first started security etching car windows as a sideline. they transposed 2 digits of the rego on a then brand spanking honda accord - and paid for brand new glass all round - $18,000 so he told me as no aftermarket glass was available - all to keep customer happy

michael.benn, Nov 25, 8:32am
I cannot swear by Tonys Tyre Services enough. I personally go to the Grey Lynn one. Fantastic bunch of dudes. Awesome customer service.

Why would you go anywhere else!

Last time I went in to get a new 195/60 R15, got two free coffees and had a mean chat with the dude while I was waiting. No complaints whatsoever.

mike77, Nov 25, 8:33am
Speak to Chris at Tony's Tyres Manurewa, good bloke and you'll get better deals than if you just call the 0800 number. Mate and I brought a set each of some 4wd tyres - couldn't be bet!

drew2009, Nov 25, 8:35am
Yup those $10 a tyre price beats can definitely come in handy as well.

solarboy, Nov 25, 11:09am
$28 at Firestone here in Masterton for my last puncture repair including $12 for balancing which they didn't do . No Tony's here or they'd have my custom.

mugenb20b, Nov 25, 7:34pm
Depends. Was it an actual "puncture repair" on a standard car tyre! Or did you need an inner tube for a 4WD tyre (which would need rebalancing)!

ralphdog1, Nov 25, 8:19pm
My experience of their behaviour with my extended family is they try and up sell if they think you are vulnerable (know bugger all about cars)
Wheel alignments, new tyres etc, sometimes justified but other times clearly not.