Looking at buying a Harley Davidson for touring .

Page 1 / 3
jcwholesale, Jan 18, 9:15am
$25000.00 to spend. Which is the best one!

purple666, Jan 18, 10:56am
Get a nice 2nd hand Road King for that, tons of room for stuff and very comfortable

tgray, Jan 18, 4:37pm
and a set of earplugs.

boat3, Jan 18, 6:04pm
if i had 25,000 to spend,i`d get a nice fxd1580.a workmate has a 1580 roadking,very nice to ride with heaps of torque ect,handles well for what it is,but the cornering clearance is disapointing leaves about $ 25 bucks worth of its self on moderate bends if you are in a hurry scraping alarmingly quickly.

zephyrheaven, Jan 18, 6:04pm
Ouch 30 breakdowns, Id have a set of pedals I could strap on it to push myself home lol

rod525, Jan 18, 6:47pm
I'm sure the OP doesn't want a Jappa.

purple666, Jan 18, 7:22pm
Must be the rider, have owned mine for 8 years and have never scraped it when cornering (couple of times when first got it just to learn the limits) and it gets ridden hard at times.

purple666, Jan 18, 7:28pm
Must be a Monday bike.
Friend of mine had a new Triumph like that, you name it, it packed up on him. Also handled so badly he reckoned it was trying to kill him, he traded it after 6 months

purple666, Jan 19, 6:41am
No bleeding likely, 35 years of owning building and racing motorcycles (British and American), yes the Road King is a step back from my usual rides but age and injuries take their toll.

cynbad, Jan 19, 11:38pm
eww.cant think of anything more boring than a ST.cept maybe a goldwing.why dont you just buy a car.i had a ride on a st a while ago and thought it came close to what i imagine it might feel like to wear someone elses dirty undies.yuck.typical honda though.boring and bland.everyone to their own though.

pfemstn, Jan 19, 11:47pm
get a can am least it wont throw you off when the pegs dig in!Ha Ha

countrypete, Jan 20, 12:00am
Boulevard C109RT.Has brakes.Has power.Has cornering ability. Has reliability.

sifty, Jan 20, 12:04am
but it doesn't have the mustachioed and tassled homo-erotic undertones.

bob1088, Jan 20, 3:04am
get a v-rodthe`re great - ignore the idiots that cannot afford one, have never tried one and are about to rave on now about how they could and have!

richynuts, Jan 20, 5:23am
Why!. does he prefer chinese!

sw20, Jan 20, 5:34am
I have to give it to HD.

They have the best marketing in the world. They made a good product in the '30s and '40s and they manage to use that image today, selling bikes that are just as unreliable for twice the price of everything else.

taipan4, Jan 20, 5:38am
Hardly Able. Hardly Dangeroussays it all LOLpotato potato potato they tried to patent the sound.

carstauranga001, Jan 20, 5:38am
Whatever floats ya boat I guess. I certainly like mine. Certainly isn't boring. What do you ride!

richynuts, Jan 20, 5:48am
cynbad probably only likes motorbikes that are only good for mooring boats or don't handle

jcwholesale, Jan 20, 6:49am
I didn't ask peoples opinions on the make I wish to purchase, but what model would be best. So please guys, can we stay on the subject.

richynuts, Jan 20, 6:54am
If your going to waste $25k on a harley don't think it really matters what model you choose. they're all overated pos

jcwholesale, Jan 20, 6:58am
richynuts that is your opinion & you are entitled to it, BUT, that was not my original question, was it. It is my $25k, which I can spend as I wish. Thanks anyway.

xs1100, Jan 20, 6:59am
well you did mention h.d and buying one in the same breathe and in the heading so every hater was going to come out both riders and wanna bes.personally get in touch with your local hog chapter and talk to people probably best idea

richynuts, Jan 20, 7:07am
If you went and checked out all the touring bike available ie bmw, ducati, honda, etcchance'sareyou will not buy a harley.

iginoi, Jan 20, 7:12am
Everyone has an opinion (normally those who've never owned one/will never step up to one are the loudest) and they're quite entitled to it. I say go to Wellington Motorcycles for the morning and sit on every bike in the shop. Take some for test-rides. Good guys, good coffee, all like-minded, you'll feel like a kid in a candy-store and it'll reinforce to you that you chose the right brand.