Looking at buying a Harley Davidson for touring .

Page 3 / 3
cynbad, Jan 21, 6:43am
i had an 85 fz, a 89 fzr750, an 89 fzr 1000 an a 91 fzr1000.love the fzr's was told they had problems but have had none with mine.

richynuts, Jan 21, 6:50am
yeah great bikes the fz's the fzrs were a bit fragile in the gearbox (especially 2nd gear) though never have had issues with any of my yamaha's, just keep up the oil changes and they will go forever.

solarboy, Jan 21, 9:27am
I don't know where he lives but he IS a teacher :-)

mantagsi, Jan 21, 11:48am
I've got an oddball FZR400, never seen another like it, absolutely love it! good choice :)

duggin, Jan 22, 12:13am
My 2c worth . My pillion has a dislike of small seats.We looked at boulevards, some of the Harleys - can't remember which - all based on pillion seat size.Found a Suzuki Intruder VL1500LC that she liked.And after a ride and a bit of thinking decided to buy it.Haven't regretted it once.And for someone who said his bike attracted all the women . I had the LC in a group of new black boulevards and Nomads . seven people stopped to look at the LC - 1 looked at the others - the Nomad.But that's my choice.

Do what has already been said - go somewhere and try as many as you want.BUT try out more than once the ones you like.Then YOU'LL be happy.That's what it's all about.Good hunting.

iginoi, Jan 22, 1:07am
Um, when! (one eyebrow up) Lol anyway, hope the search is going well jc

woki, Jan 22, 1:15am
Go and talk to the boys at Wgtn M/Cs . They will let you try a couple and with the depressed and shrinking $$ value of the Harley market you should be able to get them to entertain a wholesale deal with luck . Talk to those that know em :-)

iginoi, Jan 22, 1:16am
Hahaaa! Because we can, I guess

richynuts, Jan 22, 1:35am
Post 31 & 32 = contradiction

iginoi, Jan 22, 1:46am
Ok ok. So, "everyone has an opinion, go check some out, there are faster, more exotic, more reliable ones, but that's not what the thread's about"

Now. How is that contradiction! Explain yourself, prove #51 wrong

iginoi, Jan 22, 1:54am
Gulp, that was probably me! There weren't any Suzuki's or Boulevards there at the time though.yeah that's it

richynuts, Jan 22, 2:32am
not sure if you mean the chinese comment or have the no idea comment! lol,anywaylights and chrome parts i.e guards, footpegs, etc are made in china for harley davidson, (forks are japanese showa) if america keeps racking up their debtwith china (they already oweover a trillion dollars)and president Hu Jintao has his way. wont be long before china owns america! Really I have no idea whats going to happen between america and china but doubt america willever repay their debt and just keep borrowing.

iginoi, Jan 22, 7:21am
OMG! Hahahahahaaaa! What is this drivel! Oh man, hahahahaha!
1) I said #51, not I repeat NOT #20
Hahahahahaaaaaa!
2) No-one asked for an economic situation!
Hahahahahaaaaaa!and
3) WHERE did I contradict myself
Oh man Hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa!-
you're on some good stuff!

iginoi, Jan 18, 5:40pm
Exactly. I don't ride TO a location, the location's just an excuse. It's more of a mind-clearing exercise, or a systems check for my soul if you will. Fun! OFyes! Exciting! Sometimes! Bucket of snot! Eeeeooow :P