Workshop Needs A Name

Page 8 / 9
jgig23, Dec 5, 8:47pm
hey zephyrheaven, whats the shop called now!

zephyrheaven, Dec 5, 11:46pm
Neil Stuart Auto - its OK, but was always my intention to change it over summer (after the first 12 months)

hey pete, I should just call it bear services (gore) lol

jsbike, Dec 6, 12:28am
what about just "The Garage"

tmenz, Dec 6, 1:59am
Cass.
Load of Cobblers.

tmenz, Dec 6, 3:19am
Carswell
Katuna
Kawhare
Kawhaktiri
Kamate
Kapai

zephyrheaven, Dec 6, 3:28am
Im liking 'The Workshop' cos I always say "yeah its James at the workshop, your horn fluid needs replacing & the car has a vortex inhibitor rectifier problem for a WOF"

ema1, Dec 6, 6:12am
Damn Good Auto's .Fixed By Good Bastards.

sw20, Dec 6, 6:29am
Messageboard Motors

jsbike, Dec 6, 6:32am
yeah anything simple like that i recon. Then you get a personel feel, like your dealing with a person rather than a company. well i recon anyway.

henderson_guy, Dec 6, 7:20am
AutoExcellence.

boxburger, Dec 6, 9:51pm
As per kaz, a name that implies dependability, trust etc without being called 'Dependable Motors'.

I think the US chain 'Goodwrench' brand does this well. could be a surname, lends itself to mamy marketing possibilities.

I think a few of car medics choices are good. I think his brand name says the right thing. It even sort of implies the mobile nature of his business - paramedic etc.

Medics are trusted, they know what they're doing. (well.so is the public perception)

I think the guy that posts in here "Dr Blue Oval" has a good name for someone that fixes Fords but isn't aligned with the factory, unable to push Ford branding.

Mg Mad, that posts in here. I visualise a shed full of all sorts of MG bits.

The funny names: 'Piston Broke' etc are just that, jokes. Not good choices. There is a place just out of Kerkeri called 'Highway Robbery'. I'm sure it seemed like a good idea at the time. Beer does that.

So.I reckon you're trying to create a picture with the name, without actually naming the picture.

This leads me to think that names like The Auto Clinic etc have potential.

I also think their are possibilties with the 'Mr Goodwrench' and 'Dr Blue Oval' approaches too. Imaginary characters.

It's what I did with my biz. Now I'm known round the district by my brand name. Every time some talks to me or speaks of me, my business gets a word of mouth plug.

When car medic fronts for a job, I bet the receptionist says "Ahhh it's the Car Medic' not ahhhh, it's James.'

She'll ring the bloke James is there to do a service for "Hi is Barry around the office there somewhere John! The Car Medic guy is at the front desk for him."

People don't call me Dave at the pub, they call out my business name.

amasser, Dec 6, 11:04pm
Motorology - the study of motors.

zephyrheaven, Dec 7, 3:58am
I REALLY like that, goes well with zephyrheaven (play on 7th heaven) & I only have a few credits left on my Anthropology degree lol, will look good on my toolbox one day

Hmmmmmmm

a18a, Dec 7, 4:03am
lol where exactly sis this! I wanna see it next time I'm going through there

onthenickel, Dec 7, 4:57am
BigBoar Motorworx symbol -wild boar cartoon caricatureBullseye Motorworx symbol- picture a caricature of a bull from the rear with a target painted on his butt, head turned with a cartoon dumb look on his mug, or better still winking cause he,s the promotional butt of the slogan so to speak, tail up of course

daryl14, Dec 7, 5:08am
Something rude! The rusty (or squeaky) fanbox (or Clacker/flange). now where's that box of beer.

zephyrheaven, Dec 7, 5:54am
We need to all sit here on a Friday night & have a few cans, Im sure it will come to us eventually ha ha

amasser, Dec 7, 6:38am
Car-bon Workshop - if you know French, or Autobon.

i-n-horz, Dec 7, 7:02am
As in your profile. 'U Brake It I Fixit' Auto Repair.
'Good Spanners'
'Big J's Autos'
'White Lightening' Auto Repair.
'Auto Masters' Repair & Service.

tshop, Dec 7, 10:38am
To change that name is the worst thing you could do, from a business/ advertising point of view.unless you're cookin' the books & wanna fly under the radar. he he!

foxdonut, Dec 7, 11:01am
Depends if the previous operator was a dick or not. If so, then its probably a good idea to move quick and rebuild that rep from scratch with a customer base that didn't know how good it can be.

If not, then yes, definitely not worth changing at the moment - remember, there is all the business collateral that will need to be changed (signage, cards, existing advertising, internal docs [invoices, promo's, etc]. Website if you have one, Taxation details etc etc.

its quite a big deal and if you're struggling to come up with something it might pay to put it on the back burner - the last thing you want is to go through the hassle because you rushed to change the name, only to decide you don't like it after you've spent the money.

boxburger, Dec 7, 11:38am
About 5 kms south of the State Hwy 10 roundabout at Kerikeri. There is a commercial helicopter operation you drive past, just past the Pokaka mill. Next building or 2 on the left after the chopper place is Highway Robbery.

zephyrheaven, Dec 7, 5:54pm
Strange , my accountant & bank manager want to buy my business no matter what I call it - as far as Im aware, thats usually a good sign the guy at the helm isnt a complete oaf & has had a fairly good year!

clark20, Dec 7, 6:04pm
Mainland Motors

i-n-horz, Dec 7, 10:04pm
'Fix My Whip' Auto Repair