Availability of parts

lugee, Jan 26, 12:09pm
Am I the only one that can't seem to find new replacement parts for my car. I have been recently scouring the country for replacement parts for my '88 CRX SI and have had no luck finding either a PCV valve for PGM-Fi main relay, yet in the US they have trouble fidning a store that you can't get these parts new from.

Just having a little vent; anyone else been in the same situation!

pollymay, Jan 26, 12:59pm
Lots, I usually land up making my own parts. I have a well founded reputation on making things from other cars work, kind of a running joke with me.

Also a PCV valve is very simple, get it off something else

lugee, Jan 26, 1:04pm
Its just the principle of the whole thing. Fellow EF owners in the states can just walk down to their local 'Autozone' and get nearly any OEM replacement part even for 22 year old cars. And yeah a PCV valve is simple but I'd jus t feel better with an OEM part which SHOULD be available.

doug207, Jan 26, 1:16pm
Use a PCV valve that fits of anything else, OEM doesn't exactly mean it's good and relays aren't exactly uncommon.
Americans get many things like that over us due to the market, we are smaller than many cities over there.

rod525, Jan 26, 6:41pm
Have you rung Honda NZ!

evotime, Jan 26, 6:47pm
Agreed Honda will have/find a PCV and relay
If its just a faulty relay pull the cover off it and resolder the cracked soldered joints.

lugee, Jan 27, 12:31am
Yeah theres always that, but it just seems like too much work. Anyway yeah I'm pretty sure the main relay needs resoldering (intermittent failure, especially on hot days). I'm a proficient solderer but my with car being an EF7 the relay is in the most pain in the a place so I'm puting it off.

pandai, Jan 27, 12:40am
+1

PCV from Honda might be about $60

dave653, Jan 27, 12:46am
Remeber when you could walk into Repco and buy a set of headers off the wall! Most 'normal' stuff is overnight now. if they can get it!

franc123, Jan 27, 5:29am
Too much work!Even if you do get a brand new replacement it is still going to be the same job to remove the old one and fit the new!Theres going to be no escaping that one.As for a PCV valve I'd pay a visit to the scrap metal dealers, they will no doubt have one or more there, or even a Civic that rust has destroyed and is about to be squashed.They may even be common to a number of Honda engines.

jasongroves, Jan 27, 5:34am
If they are so plentiful overseas, buy online and get it shipped over.
Doesn't take long and probably work out cheaper.

jasongroves, Jan 27, 5:40am
Should have a ZC engine, which is a variation of a D16 engine.very common so shouldn't be hard to find anyway.
Unless its a SiR, then it will have a B16A which is even more common.

franc123, Jan 27, 5:45am
Those engines were also used in Integra's!If so that should make them even easier to find.

jasongroves, Jan 27, 5:55am
Yep, used in heaps of things. Extremely common (B16, ZC and D16) in our country.
Integras, Civics, Rovers, Rafaga.etc etc

jasongroves, Jan 27, 6:01am
May actually be Domani rather than Rafaga.

dent, Jan 27, 6:17am
Dont know about the pcv valve but there pretty much the same through alota vehicles. The fuel relay is under the dash and you can buy then from honda nz around 80-100 bucks.

lugee, Jan 27, 6:55am
Too much work as in over there you can just walk down the road to their local brick and mortar auto store and grab one. Here I have to search around to find someone who may or may not be in this country to find someone that has what may or may not be the right part.

As for getting it from honda for 60 bucks: that can't be right for a little plastic valve, over in US autozone stores they are around $4-$10. Anyway since the one I have already's spring is ok, I just soaked it in alcohol for a while and its freed it right up.

mk3zephyr, Feb 10, 5:08pm
Been after a new starter solenoid for a 350 Chev, been qouted between $60 and $100 here, looking on the net you can get them for $8.00 stateside