Ssangyoung no parts in nz

Page 1 / 3
intrade, Jan 2, 2:32am
the boor is 1 inch the problem is the wee pistons have had special seals that cant be gotten wied shape and all so i machined some 1 inch pistons and honed the alluminium body as the 1 inch ones from the cruiser would not run smooth , but all fine and bleeded now for recheck on 7 january by then i will have the rib belt tensioner damper picked up and fitted from auckland ssangyoung dealer also i hope.

intrade, Jan 2, 2:34am
i destroyed the hone tool i got from supersheep just as i was finished be tricky to repair that now as the screw part split in 2 as it jammed in the vice when it poped out the other end while honeing and i did not release the drill trigger from the cordless drill on time. so thats 30 bux gone pufff in a instant.

intrade, Jan 6, 5:06am
Some people seem to think that this is not a ssangyoung it is. I spent 3 years researching . ssangyoung purchased the full rights to the mb100 that was made by mercedes till 1995 and badged them mb100 for short wheel base and mb140 for long wheel. they put the merc star on the export model and badged the local one ssangyoung istana100% identical just like a ford telstar is a mazda that merc is a ssangyoung.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_MB100

These vans were manufactured under licence by the SsangYong Motor Company, which also made a rebadged version called the SsangYong Istana.
So who ever has more sources for parts then i already put on this threadpost them.
also i got some technical sheets in foreign language about the istana.
if it was the mb from merc then the wheel cilinder from the german version would have fitted They are available in this country not so what i did need the one for the istana is whats on

xs1100, Jan 6, 8:17am
i was talking to the GM at ssangyong in penroseand he could nt believe there are any such problems/issues and said hes more than happy for anyone to approach him if they are having any problems in sourcing partsold or new models

intrade, Jan 6, 7:14pm
yeahe was a bit upset when i purchased the damper from him was thinking i posted on herethat you cant get parts for a action i think i got that spelled wrong i seid i am sure i bever written any sutch things , but i was told by the whangarei guy 2 year ago that they cant get me any ssangyoung parts but can sell me a new one when i wanted a diesel engine part from them.
This thread is how i got on to him, so it helped me and i told him i mentioned him already on the board for contact on part supply amoung others that he mentioned as this thread is basically for the one i got the istana ssangyoung merc .

intrade, Jan 6, 7:14pm
yeahe was a bit upset when i purchased the damper from him was thinking i posted on herethat you cant get parts for a action i think i got that spelled wrong i seid i am sure i never written any sutch things , but i was told by the whangarei guy 2 year ago that they cant get me any ssangyoung parts but can sell me a new one when i wanted a diesel engine part from them.
This thread is how i got on to him, so it helped me and i told him i mentioned him already on the board for contact on part supply amoung others that he mentioned as this thread is basically for the one i got the istana ssangyoung merc .

intrade, Jan 6, 10:20pm

phillip.weston, Jan 7, 4:37am
did you try the Merc dealers! You seem to be ignoring the obvious.

next-to-normal, Jan 7, 10:33am
it appears the brake part you after will work on these cars
Part Number: J3230400
Ssangyong 48311-05010
Ssangyong Actyon 11.2005 -> today
Ssangyong Actyon Sports Pickup 11.2005 -> today
Ssangyong Korando (KJ) 12.1996 -> today
Ssangyong Korando Cabrio (KJ) 12.1996 -> today
Ssangyong Kyron 05.2005 -> today
Ssangyong Musso (FJ) 02.1995 -> today

Daewoo Korando (KJ) 01.1999 -> today
Daewoo Korando Cabrio (KJ) 02.1999 -> today
Daewoo Musso (FJ) 07.1998 -> today

intrade, Jan 7, 11:59pm
the problem of post 42 is the cilinder is not 1 inch on these as somone pointed out to me further on once. The istana was never made in any merzedes plant nor was it ever sold in any european country So why on earth would mercedes supply parts for something they had 0 to do with other then given the license to sangyoung from its old original model that was called a mb100 and that is square shaped and discontinued in 1996 when ssangyoungmade the istana from the license they purchased . whatch the youtube i posted -

next-to-normal, Jan 8, 2:28am
now a kia part has the same part number but its 19mm not 22 like the other and sorry your after a inch
http://www.jarparts.com/en/Part/3547/J3230400.html also the same part number too and that looks an inch !http://www.findpart.org/part/com-j3230400

intrade, Jan 8, 2:32am
the other part looked right from the picture that one seems different dont know if it would fit i did find a listing once befor i rebuilt em in usa somhow once for the istana . Right now i got a wof for it so wont have to rush things but still be good for any other parts supplys for these vans as they are a good solid van in my opinion and huge mothers too its 6.5 meter long with the box its got attached but i can cross the ferry as a van with it.

intrade, Jan 8, 2:34am
http://www.findpart.org/part/com-j3230400
thats pritty mutch what it looks like. are they 1 inch!
if you go istana no listing under brakes probably not the 1 inch one !

kcc55a, Jan 8, 10:01am
Thought it was compulsory for parts supply to be held in the country and readily available !

sr2, Jan 8, 10:28am
LOL; you aren??

intrade, Dec 22, 5:56am
I just got faild for a wof on rear brake seeping , so no problem since there is 1000s of these in this country went to get new shoes and some cilinders.
brake shoes ok after 2 days got some as some other vehicle have the same. but the cilinder nop nada supply in this country ,
The wierd thing is the vehicle was never sold in europe but i can get the cilinders from europe

tuttyclan, Dec 22, 6:00am
Should have got a Mitsubishi lol.

intrade, Dec 22, 6:01am
i did know that it was bad but that it is this bad i did not expect.
I did ring ssangyoung auckland after i faild to find anything from any manufacturer with the ssangyoung part number .
The guy said , There is no parts in this country we (might) be able to get em for you from south kora.friggen might be able he was not even sure him self by the sound. This is way worse then Renault at leaste for renault you can get any parts you want easy from any garage in europe.
or renault will order it for you at 7 times there cost.

intrade, Dec 22, 6:03am
Now i got 2 options i can order the parts from germany for 18,80euro plus shipping and wait probably till february with all the hollidays now .

http://seekpart24.com/jakoparts/wheel-brake-cylinder-j3230400!c=100028&at=9032

intrade, Dec 22, 6:03am
Now i got 2 options i can order the parts from germany for 18,80euro plus shipping and wait probably till february with all the hollidays now .

http://seekpart24.com/jakoparts/wheel-brake-cylinder-j3230400!c=100028&at=9032

tuttyclan, Dec 22, 6:07am
Could you not get your cylinders reconditioned.

intrade, Dec 22, 6:08am
now to why i can get it in europe even do they never had that vehicle i have to fix. The reason is when european sell cars they actuarly supply parts for it and all ssangyoung run the same cilinders on there rear drums.
some thingy in this country are the worlds biggest joke.
Now back to my solution number 2 and that is rebuilding the old cilinders.
easy you might think 2 more days later there is no seals to fit that cilinder as they are a special one off small type one.
So i said well its 1 inch and i was able to look thru my supplyers shelf for 1 inch cilinder and we only found 1 that fittedbut are different outside.
I inspected it and came to the solution to machine the new pistons outside so they can be used inside the old cilinder .

tuttyclan, Dec 22, 6:15am
Sounds like its harder to keep on the road as a 40 plus year old car.

intrade, Dec 22, 6:18am
its on my mercedes mb140 they are a good vehicle and tutti its got over 400,000km on its odometer first engine lol. is a 5 cilinder merc om 602 clone and thats where i get my engine parts from.

snoopy221, Dec 22, 6:31am
Incedentaly ya know that is the same *unnobtainable* seal as the rear of a !Fiat!- Ducato.

[But ya can get cylnders for fiats.]