Buy local and help the economy huh

mk3zephyr, Dec 14, 7:59pm
needed a new tube for the wheelbarrow, went into the local tyre outfit that sells tubes for that sort of thing and was quoted $19+tax for a tube , Thought "bloody hell thats a bit steep for a tube" (thats also with a discount through speedway as they are a sponsor to the club), went down to supercheap and spotted the whole wheel (thats rim, tube,tyre) for $18.00. Of course i went back to the tyre shop and got the $19+tax tube.not

kazbanz, Dec 14, 8:12pm
zeph--thats what bulk buying does

trogedon, Dec 14, 8:19pm
Get the tube - it's only $1 and then you don't have to throw out the rest of the wheel.

mm12345, Dec 14, 8:33pm
Same here with inflatable jockey wheel on my boat trailer.One slight problem with the supercheap wheel - the galvanising on the wheel rim must be about the thinnest layer of zinc mankind has been able to achieve.They start rusting within months, fall apart in about 3 years.But by then, the cheapo tyres and tube within are perished/leaking anyway, and it's time to fork out another $18.

bashfulbro, Dec 15, 7:48am
needed a lower left ball joint for an American pick up, thought i may as well replace L & R.found some on Trade Me, talked to the guy $150 each L& R lower. $300NZ for two, thought that was a bit much.went on Ebay, bought complete set of 4 upper and lower L&R for $32 US.$49 US to ship here, arrived 6 days later total $103 NZ , support locals my ass ! ( would have cost me $600 here.)

thejazzpianoma, Dec 15, 7:53am
Vecta Air Flow meter $900 dollars or so from Repco.
$150 delivered from the U.K and a genuine part too.

While I like to support local, local has got so out of hand on some items I find myself importing spark plugs even! (25% of the price even with delivery for some I needed the other day)

tool_shop173, Dec 15, 8:06am
Cheap aint allways best, tellin ya :)

mk3zephyr, Dec 15, 8:12am
well the barrow wheel was only a cheapy anyway so i bought the complete one. Used to work for a hydraulics outfit and used to get engine oil etc for cost price from our NZ supplier, Same thing bowl on into supersheep and get it from them retail for less than i could get it for cost lol, yea bulk buying huh