Auction 352521625

barbuzz, Feb 8, 12:49am
I hate when people do this. Dollar reserve then offers it out for $2500. I reckon it should be offered out at $1500 as the winning bidder started bidding at $1510. Should have just reserved it at $2500 if thats what he wanted.

ct9a, Feb 8, 1:04am
scrap metal

sifty, Feb 8, 1:11am
What a useful contribution to the topic. You must be told all the time you are a very wise man.

No!

ct9a, Feb 8, 1:17am
well it needs at least 10k spent what a waste,best to strip and sell in parts for those unfortunate to own the ugly duckling shape

jsbike, Feb 8, 1:50am
I agree, if the winner doesnt complete the auction you should not have the option to offer for more than the winning bidder started at.

trogedon, Feb 8, 2:28am
Agree. A bit of work, the right colour paint (get rid of the door poppers and whacky steering wheel) and it would be cool as.

barbuzz, Feb 8, 3:38am
I left a message on its other auction. Its answer: "toser"
Either Loser with a T or Tosser without an S.

fordgod, Feb 8, 3:42am
Yeah, managed to find a 2 owner xc ute from blenhiem. Very original right down to exterior visor above windscreen. Cool old utes I reckon. Ive gone from the coupes to utes now.lol.

franc123, Feb 8, 4:50am
Anyone who offers a vehicle with a body in that condition in primer and says "I was getting ready for paint" can't possibly be taken seriously.It needs stripping and starting again, I'd hate to think what was underneath all that badly applied bog.You'd be wanting to pull the front half of the tray out and seeing what horrors were under there too.The shirt button size steering wheel and shaved handles are also two incredibly tacky mods to do to that sort of vehicle.

speedwayfan1, Feb 8, 6:08am
What's the problem! So he wants to sell it for more! So bloody what! It's his auction to do with it as he wants, not yours. Why don't ya just leave the guy alone to do his trades instead of wasting his time on his auctions!

He called you a tosser for that question, I'm inclined to agree with him.

gunhand, Feb 8, 6:17am
My arms ache at the thought of all the body work and filling and sanding and fileing and filling and sanding that will take. Then theres the sanding and guide coating and sanding and filling to be done. Then paint lol.
But they are getting hard to find and look pretty good done up.

fordgod, Feb 8, 6:30am
Yes I tend to agree. Ive owned coupes, all xa including a xagt and my well known xa fairmont coupe that was a well known chch car. I sold that reluctantly in october last year, but I have always had a soft spot for the old utes. So I bought one, good price and very reasonable condition. Cheap way into a classic street machine IMO. And still practical too.

fordgod, Feb 8, 6:52am
Just going standard xa falcon front. Nice and original just with a few subtle mods. Low, tridents and eagers, de badged, nice paint and injected 6 which thankfully, I can do all myself apart from wiring up the tickford 6.lol. Keeps alot of the cost down, especially when you can panel and paint yourself.

barbuzz, Feb 8, 7:40am
The problem is it was a "dollar reserve". If he wanted $2500, he should have set reserve at that. This is what really gets my goat. You can agree with him saying Im a "toser" . We do have a right to have our own opinion.

mellisa2000, Feb 8, 8:03am
All nice ute's Papa. With $10k and a GT look, they can be a tough and cool ute.

mellisa2000, Feb 8, 8:08am
That ute could be past it's best though. I wonder why people list with xxx/blah/yada features, then in the Q+A, say oh, yeah stereo doesn't come with it. Why not just not mention it! To covert to that BA motor would be a job and a half.