The seat belt is stuck and can't be worn. Help.

minnihaha, Feb 12, 10:57pm
Hi Motoring, My 1985 Mazda Familia driver's seat belt is no longer working. Hard to explain but I can try give a detailed description. When I go to pull the seat belt as if to put it on, it does not pull enough. It gets jammed and can not be worn. It hasn't done this before, only yesterday. I was wondering if there is a quick fix to un-jam the belt and get it back to working condition. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers

quickstitch, Feb 12, 11:16pm
check to see if the seat belt is loose or moved. they are designed to be upright and if it is slightly tilted it will lock when pulled. and pull it out slowly and steadily

minnihaha, Feb 13, 1:12am
thanks quickstitch. I pulled back the interior trim to have a look but the problem with the seat belt is deep into the little gap of the floor. Would moving it around side to side possibly fix it!

lookoutas, Feb 13, 1:21am
You're not parked on a steep hill are ya!
If so - move to level ground and try it.

minnihaha, Feb 13, 2:42am
haha lookoutas don't worry, I'm on flat ground. Thankfully, your advice worked quicksnitch. Gave it a pull and moved it side to side and it came right. works perfectly now. Thankyou.

quickstitch, Feb 13, 3:43am
your welcome. but i'm no snitch.

lookoutas, Feb 13, 6:28am
You wouldn't be the first one to have this problem -or the last.
If it fixed itself after a jiggle, it must be loose, so you might need to tighten it.