Where is best place to get clutch pedal pad from?

sooby, Jan 10, 1:31am
Howdy!

Our clutch pedal pad rubber is worn out & most likely to fail it's next warrant of fitness.

In your experience where is the best place to source a replacement from, Subaru Dealer, Partmaster, Supercheap, Repco or wreckers!I've tried here on trade me with no luck :(

Will the dealer still stock this part, given that its now 16 years old!Not sure we even have a Subaru dealer here in Taupo anymore too.

Car is a 1996 Subaru Legacy

Any help much appreciated :)

jasongroves, Jan 10, 1:41am
Don't think its a fail, but I would be trying wreckers first, or TM of course.

sooby, Jan 10, 1:43am
cheers!

hrmm. I haven't had any luck searching here, tried 'clutch pedal' hoping it would bring something up, but only results were for actual clutches & gearboxes - any idea if there is another term that will get better results!

kazbanz, Jan 10, 1:55am
Why not call subaru and ask how much.! It might actually be cheaper for you to buy genuine -just to save the hassle

roberto9, Jan 10, 2:01am
I couldn't get one for brake pedal in my car, It'sa wof issue, so took the clutch one and put on brake. Then bought some of that gritty non slip stuff (look like sand paper)with self adhesive backing and stuck that on clutch.works a treat.

foxdonut, Jan 10, 2:27am
Supercheap or repco sell kits under the "performance" (lol) section of the shop. You can get them from the warehouse as well.

They're pretty OTT, but they're better than nothing and probably cost less than an oem part as well.

Universal fit - manual or auto kits available

sooby, Jan 10, 3:17am
cheers foxdonut,

might have to politely pass on that one.