Prepare for court hearing

Page 2 / 4
mlan24, Nov 14, 1:33pm
of course, if i do win this, it will make them look really bad, so the officer told me that she is bring in someone from the road controlling authorities.

mlan24, Nov 14, 1:46pm
at the moment, Roscommon Road is 60k zone, and there is a 30 temp sign for few hundred metres, but most people drive over 50k, if i video it and calculate their travelling speed and say most people didnt saw the temporary sign. use it and this artical http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm!c_id=4&objectid=10687208 to support i didnt see the temp sign, will it be relevent to my case!

mlan24, Nov 14, 1:51pm
hell yeah! you are right and i cant find other Amendment about it.

mlan24, Nov 14, 2:14pm
i read from the web and understood that 9 out of 10 jps will be in favour of the police. so i am not counting my luck. i doubt i can proof there was no cause for the reduced limit because the police is bring someone from road controlling authority, if the temp speed has to be 20km/h or more lower than the permanent posted limit, then i guess the temp speed current displayed on sh1 northbound and southbonud will have to change to 60km/h, at this stage, i believe who ever travelling on the sh1 will hate me.

mlan24, Nov 14, 2:22pm
what about if i can proof that officer clocked me wasnt in that 600m70 km/h temp zone!

mlan24, Nov 14, 3:03pm
Graham Henry let off because the office wasnt trained to use the radar, http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm!c_id=1&objectid=10683578, once the officers have been trained, do they get a certificate or how does it proof that he is qualified to use the radar!

mlan24, Nov 14, 3:58pm
i've made a mistake in my calcation, should be24 sec and 22 sec. So the officer should not target me within around 10 sec

smac, Nov 14, 7:25pm
You seem a little confused about what does and doesn't apply here:

1. You were caught in a temporary 70 zone that was applied in a 100 zone - so this whole 10kph thing is a red herring.

2. You say the 70 zone was 600 metres long, but are clingingto this "officer had X seconds to get me" thing. The reality is the officer had 600m to get you, that's plenty. The policy may mention a 250m tolerance zone, however sounds like the 70 zone was for road works in which case the tolerance zone is out the window. I say this for two reasons: road workers can be there any time of the night and neither you nor the cop know whether they are in that 600m or not until you get to the end of it, and secondly a roadworker was killed on the job by a speeder last week. You'd be naive to think that doesn't impact this.

So, if you think the signs were applied incorrectly or the cop was doing something wrong and you really want to defend it, I'd suggest a lawyer might be of a assistance rather than seeking legal advice on the TM message board.

gbbrot, Nov 14, 7:36pm
Road spikes works.

vjregal770, Nov 14, 7:46pm
Just say you're Graham Henry. Or that you have anything to do with rugby.

Usually works.

vjregal770, Nov 14, 7:47pm
Well everyone should know exactly what to do now if they get pinged, right!

dodgewayne, Nov 14, 8:16pm
As a road worker there lots of reasons for temporary speed areas like loss chip, bumps, narrow lane,and lots morefor aholesdont slow down in work areas make the job had to do and a dangers more so for every boby

wrong2, Nov 14, 8:27pm
& the judge will say "why didnt you slow down !"

the signs (limits they state) might seem to be BS to you , but the law (judge) will laugh you out of court

signs are GOLDEN in the eyes of the law

mlan24, Nov 14, 9:13pm
1, it was 80km/h before the temporary speed applied.
2, according to the police speed-enforcement, it clearly stated that "When enforcement is undertaken in an area where drivers are making a transition from a higher speed to a lower speed area, vehicles are not targeted within 250 metres from the point where the posted speed changes.Unless there is good reason to do so, such as protecting people operating road works or to ensure the safety of children." at 11pm that might, i didnt see any people operating road works, unless the officer saw differently.
i think roadworker was killed on the job by a speeder last week is not relevent to my case.
most lawer will say shut up and pay it, they knew that the chance of win it is very low against the police.

mlan24, Nov 14, 9:17pm
of course, but how many people know their right when they got pinged! 90% will just pay it and trusted that officer have followed the rule, ie have been trained to use radar, filled log book etc according to the police Speed-enforcement

mlan24, Nov 14, 9:20pm
in this case, i understand the danger, but in my case there are barriers protecting the workers, so they are not expose to the traffic

mlan24, Nov 14, 9:29pm
i wrote to the police ask for reconsideration, in which i wrote " driving at night(11pm), i was focus on the road ahead of me and i didnt see any road work is currently in progress. as a result, i didnt pay great attention to the temporary speed linit on the road side."
i am not the only who is having trouble to see temporary sign, Polish Olympian Ryszard Stadniuk, whose case is dismissed.

johnf_456, Nov 14, 9:35pm
This is very entertaining sitting on the deck chair eating popcorn biker. Watching it go back and fourth between sides, I need more popcorn!

mlan24, Nov 14, 9:47pm
according to the notes "made at time" by the officer "patrol car in lane 2/3 passing symonds offramp travelling at 80 kmh, i passed in lane 3/3 and kept accelerating, passed temp 70 kmh ahead sign at approx 90kmh and kep accelerating. pace check conducted on victoria park flyover after passing 2pr 70 kmh temp signs and warning sign" i guess the officer clocked me some where pass the victoria park flyover, but the drawing number 2, http://img574.imageshack.us/img574/4626/14636921.jpgshow it is already 80km/h since then, so i wonder where she saw that 2pr 70kmh temp sign and warning sign. please note: this drawing was not included in the disclosure given by the police. i got it from the NZ Transport Agency alone with other documents showing the temporary traffic management plan.

mlan24, Nov 14, 9:51pm
does the law allow the police to do so!

andrea_w, Nov 14, 9:51pm
johnf_456 : It's a thread that keeps on giving!
Quite an interesting read though

johnf_456, Nov 14, 9:52pm
Yup hence enjoying reading it with popcorn. lol

mlan24, Nov 14, 9:56pm
get involved and choose your role who you want to play: JP, prosecutor, the police or staying in my team. it is much more entertaining

mlan24, Nov 14, 10:04pm
i have all the facts (with evidence) in my favour, but i read from http://www.southernrider.co.nz/wiki/index.php/Defending_a_minor_traffic_charge (i must thank the author) JP's nearly always side with the police, this is very easy to understand since i was burn in china where nobody like me could never fight it out in court. i am so greatful that nz law allow nobody like me to be justified in court.

johnf_456, Nov 14, 10:10pm
Nah far more entertaining watching!