Why do auction cos (Turners etc) deregister.

moby, Jun 19, 10:39pm
Vehicles with very minor damage prior to sale - I'm specifically thinking of motorbikes with cosmetic damage etc. Why make things difficult for the buyer !.

intrade, Jun 19, 10:43pm
because they are insurance pay-out cars and the government wants all old cars deregistered plus turners imports carsso they can profit also from the fact the less oleder cars the more likely they can sell there expensive imports.

intrade, Jun 19, 10:48pm
dont know about that one i seen cars with plates at turners infact the one i purchased has had plates on when photos where taken but said sold deregistered. It is exactly how i said all 3 partys want the cars to be deregod. it dont matter if the insurance tells turners to derego they are the ones doing the work.

franc123, Jun 19, 10:57pm
It's simply arse covering on the part of the insurance co's thats all, that way what they sell has to go back through reregistration, gets tagged as a damaged vehicle, subject to a structural report and thus anything thats been shonkily repaired will get picked up, instead of being flogged off with the old plates to an unsuspecting buyer with a new WOF from their mate at Midnight Motors down the road. Not everthing they sell is deregoed, depending on the nature of the damage they will sell them with live plates.

neo_psy, Jun 20, 1:17am
Yep - dead right. Plus the insurance company gets the balance of the rego fee paid out when they surrender the plates - minimising their loss.

marcos1, Jun 20, 3:01am
I have seen the attempts of some immigrants in rectifying damage.
Pitiful at the best, and that is being generous.
The very reason cars / mb's are de-reged.

mrfxit, Jul 4, 12:42pm
Oh yea & what he said as well.