My Mazda Demio 2004 Engine light is on, what could

dkebab1, Jun 6, 9:27am
be causing this to come on!

dkebab1, Jun 6, 9:39am
Checked oil and water, but will check everything tomarrow when motor has cooled down after use.
Thanks

fordcrzy, Jun 6, 9:42am
oxygen sensor is dud.
a mazda Demio is more than likely been nana'd around and done loads of short trips.absolute killer for the O2 sensor.

dkebab1, Jun 6, 9:43am
Ok Ford, do I get this replaced! is it expensive!

franc123, Jun 6, 9:45am
until you get a scan tool hooked up to it and the fault codes read out anything else is guesswork.End of story.

dkebab1, Jun 6, 9:46am
Right well looks like a trip to the mechanics to see what is happening.

bae13, Jun 6, 10:06am
x2
best to go to an auto electrician, your engine light is on which is a fault in the efi system, an auto electrician is the best person to sort this for you not a mechanic

franc123, Jun 6, 10:22am
Care to explain why!

dkebab1, Jun 7, 3:17am
After checking, oil, water, etc, light has now turned off. Must have been one of those things, still might get it looked at.

bigfatmat1, Jun 7, 3:24am
stereotypical. Mechanics can not diagnose engine management faults. Simply pass it on to a sparky and put their mark up on bill. Either that or the try to stuff around and fix it themselves replace unnessacery parts, then pass it on make the electricians
job harder then add their % to the bill.

franc123, Jun 7, 4:48am
Knew that would get a bite, shame there is equal contrary evidence when sparkies replace parts when the problem is mechanical.LMAO.

bigfatmat1, May 16, 10:51am
no doubt it works both ways and with most trades i.e the builder doing some plumbing. Its a just a stereotype though I know a few mechanics that would run rings round a sparky in certain areas and vice versa. I have also diagnosed alot of faults where the mechanic has overlooked the basics like seized engines broken belts, vacuumleaks, no water, no compression.