Supercheap Calibre

Page 2 / 2
hijacka, May 18, 7:19am
I'm not suprised they have the police spec pads don't think they would miss a holden or ford pad on there shelf anyway, im really not familiar with there calibre brand of pads but iguess they will be suitable for a daily driver but imagine if you turned up at a race track with them in your hand you'll get laughed at! Fact is that each pad is made for a certain application for a reason, and a cheaper appoved pad does have a advantage over a high end pad (that being rotor wear) so in my opinion is better suited for a daily driver as per application

electro2000, May 18, 9:41am
opps sorry should have been crock missed the r

clark20, May 18, 10:48am
I remember racing with carbon metallics and people told me they wear the discs, silly thing was the discs were cheaper than the pads. The bendix ultimates are great but dusty (like in 1-2 days). I am now using Ceramic pads and they have a nice bite and feel.

johnf_456, May 18, 11:06am
Indeed it is, see my link also hijacka. Holden is just superior apparently, but if you think that good for you not everyone else thinks the same when the facts are presented.

hijacka, May 18, 11:08am
Ive never really had a good enough caliper on a car to justify spending more than i needed only really been for wof passes, but thats interesting to know. I will be fitting some 4pots and crossed drilled rotors soon so will buy the slightly better ones instead. what brand are the ceramic and how are they with brake dust!

ct9a, May 18, 8:42pm
dude are you honestly that well educated!
commys,falcons,vectras and the like are well known for chewing out rotors often,they were undersized for the vehicle.

do you understand how abs works! cause it is not used in everyday use,downhills etc.

mrfxit, May 18, 9:26pm
LOL yep lots of storys about warping rotors on them .
Apparently also .ppl don't understand about wear rates

In fact, the wear rates are back to front to what most ppl think.

Soft pads bite HARD but it's the pads that wear fast
Hard pads take more peddle pressure, but the pads last longer & the rotors wear faster.
In all of this. SOMETHING has to wear out & it will be the softer of the 2 everytime.

ct9a, May 18, 9:39pm
soft equals,quicker brake fad,more shudder and more dust.

which equals un happy customer.

johnf_456, Mar 7, 8:42am
Yup its about finding the balance. Rota wear or pad wear.