VW Leaking Rain into Driver side

bubbacat1, May 12, 2:46am
A friends car is leaking rain and pooling at the drivers side floor in heavy downpours - like today. There is no sunroof and she has had the hose the the doors and windows and it has not revealed where the leak is coming from. Wherever it is it is quite bad and impossible to isolate. Any ideas anyone!

doublek, May 12, 2:55am
Has it had a replacement windscreen of late. What model VW and what year!

321mat, May 12, 2:59am
I was just about to suggest that. windscreen leak.

bubbacat1, May 12, 3:16am
2003 an no, when you get in the car after its been sitting in the rain there is no indication that its leaking from the windsceen, doors or windors. Pools down by the footpedals.

thejazzpianoma, May 12, 3:28am
For goodness sake bubbacat, VW make more than one model!
Its like pulling teeth in here!

bubbacat1, May 12, 3:30am
Whoa just relax. I'm trying to do this on behalf of someone so i'm waiting for her to tell me what model is sheesh.

bubbacat1, May 12, 3:34am
Golf

nodrog6969, May 12, 3:40am
Its running out of her shoes

michael.benn, May 12, 3:41am
Okay, so it's a VW Golf 2003 model!

thejazzpianoma, May 12, 3:54am
O.K with a MK4 Golf its most likely going to be coming from the seal around the pollen filter. Pop the bonnet, locate the pollen filter housing and have a careful look at it all. The Pollen filter housing is actually on the passenger side from memory but the water can travel to the other side so don't let that put you off checking it thoroughly.

Report back if that is not it for other suggestions.

Oh and when you are talking to the other party, ask if the car has a sunroof. thats suspect number two.

thejazzpianoma, May 12, 3:57am
Nah, its more fun throwing my toys out of the cot!

bubbacat1, May 12, 3:57am
Thanks alot, will pass tis information in and report back. No, there is no sunroof.

thejazzpianoma, May 12, 3:59am
Your welcome!
It is the pollen filter in 95% of cases but there are a couple of other suspects.

jason18, May 12, 4:20am
I had this in my primera and it was cos i forgot to put that plastic back onto the inside of doors after a speaker replacement

fordguy17, May 12, 7:02am
Get the rain tank sealed up and refilled with rain ASAP. You don't wanna know about the last car I saw that ran out of rain from leaking it everywhere!

andrewph, Feb 14, 7:08pm
As stated before pollen filterback of the engine bay on the left under the panel below the screen from memory. Hose area down (undre the panel directly in front of the screen) with the bonnet open and see if it drains away as the drains sometimes block up with crap, filling that area and draining into the pollen filter/heaterfan and into the car under the dash. hope that helps