Failed wof on a rear seat belt

straightouta326, May 2, 1:05am
the damage is so minor. can i fix it! hide it anyway! its only a few loose threads.

matthew111, May 2, 1:11am
fix the threads and lose a life possibly.

Change the belt and save a life.

sir-ben, May 2, 1:13am
just get a cigrette lighter or similar flame, then quickly lick it allong the edge of the seatbelt, like new

therafter1, May 2, 1:17am
If they are down the edges of the belt they are hard to conceal by doing the old ciggy lighter trick, and the AVI will probably pick up what you have done on re-inspection and fail the vehicle again !

sandypheet, May 2, 1:59am
Dumbest advise yet,hope that is not how you treat the work you do.

roger1050, May 2, 2:07am
Yes do this and then sell the vehicle to Sir Ben, then when he is in a accident and the belt fails he can see what a stupid idea it was.

johnf_456, May 2, 2:24am
Bens advices is fine but it needs a common sense case by case thought put with it. I have used the lighter trick before but it depends entrily on the damage.

Has for those who disagree why not put new belts in. every car you have being in would have second hand belts. Point is everything has a risk to it.

sandypheet, May 2, 2:43am
Geez you are another one I wouldnt let work on a wheel barrow.

johnf_456, May 2, 3:04am
Do share what's wrong with a common sense aproach to each situation. I never said specifically about this one.

Not all damage is un repairable.

johnf_456, May 2, 3:05am
I guess you run all new belts has any wear can reduce the risk of the belt doing its job. Even lint and fluff get stuck to belts.

terckon, Jan 4, 12:41pm
I was told that a 100kg person having an accident at 100kph exerts 10 tonne of weight on the seat belts and you want to burn the belt!