Replacing rear bushes in BAxr6

casper35, Jan 7, 6:22am
is this an expensive job to get done.Want to try and stay away from ford dealer as they are expensive.

mugenb20b, Jan 7, 6:34am
I've done a couple, couldn't tell you what the cost was, but not a nice job.

casper35, Jan 7, 6:40am
No i beleive not the back housing has to be dropped out to do them.

unbeatabull, Jan 7, 6:56am
Suspension bushes or Diff Bushes!

Whole rear subframe has to be dropped out, expect 5-6 hours labour at your normal garage, 3-4 hours at a Ford Dealer as there are service tools that make the job a lot quicker and save you on labour time.

casper35, Jan 7, 7:01am
I think its suspension bushes very thumpy going over all the bumps in chch roads this week.

unbeatabull, Jan 7, 7:05am
Could still be either the diff bushes or Suspension bushes.

Common bushes to go on them are the top shock bushes, trailing arm bushes and diff bushes, also sway bar links and sway bar bushes common to knock on them too.

I would offer to look at it for you seeing your in CHCH but Trademe doesn't like us making contact through the board.

casper35, Jan 7, 7:33am
Yes i woundered about the shock bushes to as it onky does it on one side. I dont notice it as much when i am home in Ashburton as our roads are a bit better.

unbeatabull, Jan 7, 7:38am
Is it more of a knock or a thump! Generally if its a knock it will be the top shock bushes or sway bar links, if its a thump your looking at something more expensive like the rear trailing arm bushes or Diff Bushes.

casper35, Jan 7, 7:44am
Thanks for that imfo i will get it checked out this week and see what the problem is dont like leaving things to long as they usually just get worse.

alan1111, Jan 7, 7:57am
3 to 4 hours lol. would be about right considering you drop the whole rear end in 40 minutes. About 1 1/2 hrs to do bushes can be a pain those.Then refit rear end about 1 hour always takes longer going back in for some reason.Done about 5 now not really a big job these days. The hardest part of the job is the bloody drive shaft all the bolts are loctited in and tight all the way out.
Once you have the driveshaft of, calipers and handbrake cable only 6 bolts hold the whole rear end in.

unbeatabull, Jan 7, 8:05am
Driveshafts the easy part . as long as you remember to mark all the balancing weights otherwise can spend a bit of time balancing the shaft back up!

Bushes only take about 30 mins with Ford Service tools, which we of course have at work, so is a bit quicker. Most places on first attempt will spend 5-6 hours to do the full job, somewhere thats done them before will be a comfortable 3-4 hours charged out.

casper35, Jan 10, 4:12am
Had the car looked at today and everything looks fine.Shockys and bushes are all fine diff bushes are good supp bushes are good.The couldnt fine any problems at all. Got me beat.

alan1111, Jan 10, 4:19am
Yep those bloody 1/2 moon weights a nightmare i twink them so as not to forget.