Good time for a $1 reserve auction to end?

pollymay, Apr 27, 4:15am
Was thinking a weekday except friday at 9pm! Weekdays around that time seem to be fairly busy, site stats said monday last I checked but I've seen wednesday and thursday there to I think. Maybe even list tonight if I take some nice interior pics, kinda sick of the car, it'll fetch more than it owes and the rest is up to luck.

I've had too many yo bois asking dumb questions in txt speak on classifieds and side of the road sales so wanna try the $1 route. Could be that I sell mostly sports cars and 4age stuff but yeah it's been wearing on me. Was thinking just a simple ad stating it's tidy and has lots of receipts for maintenance then good pics of everything I can.

phillip.weston, Apr 27, 4:19am
8-9pm on a Monday or Tuesday night. I find it's best to run the auction for 5-7 days, no less, no more.

phillip.weston, Apr 27, 4:22am
also if it were me I would re-word the auction so you aren't rattling off about all the items you have had to replace, it sounds to me you've bought an unreliable heap, replaced many parts, and are now getting rid of it before it breaks again. That's just the impression I got. Take better photos too - you've included a useless photo of the Frunk but not of the engine compartment! Also the shot of the bootlid up, is showing where it obviously has had a terrible respray with piss poor masking abilities, and even worse showing that the boot shut and possible door shuts weren't sprayed either. I would get rid of that photo too.

jason18, Apr 27, 4:24am
Yeah definately reword so its more attractive to buyers. Altho I would definately buy a car off you as you come across very honest etc.

pollymay, Apr 27, 4:58am
Oh no it isn't that white mr2. It's a real tidy 96 windom. That white mr2 kinda was an unreliable heap but I've replaced most now and it's a strong runner, it was a toss up cause I wanted to keep it but I already have one. Since I own 2 of them I have some live plates and rego for it and drive it every now and again on the backroads and get on the boost but shhhhh don't tell anyone I do that :p

phillip.weston, Apr 27, 5:47am
How much are you expecting to get for the Windom! They are almost up there with Cavaliers with re-sale and reputation, so I wouldn't expect more than $2000 to be honest.

pollymay, Apr 27, 6:30am
2k I'd be happy. It's a real tidy car, I have 5k in receipts for new brakes, bushes, gaskets, CV boots and other maintenance. An old guy owned it and just took it in and let some north shore workshop service it religiously, I picked it up cause he traded it in and it was run low on atf till the box gave out so put a lower kms one in and have been driving it round but I really don't need it.

Lots of people don't give a toss about new balljoints and crap though which is strange cause a loose tired car drives like ass and this car has been nice.

nathan84, Dec 18, 11:58am
$1 reserve mate ive done it a few times very exciting at the end people come out of no where and usally a bidding war I got $6800 for a discovery only wanted $2000!